This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/20-10/3/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    I spent the day at the little pool and got way too much sun. The one person from my group that came to the island besides me is staying at ABC, but she came down to Divi and spent the day at the pool with me today. We were pretty much the only ones at the pool.

for dinner tonight I went to Taste My Aruba. I have never been but it was on my list of things to do this year… The list I made last year on the plane on the way home. I loved the food! I had some kind of cocktail that they made with vodka instead of rum at my request, they brought out funchi fries with a tomato jam. I had the ceviche appetizer which had some heat to it, and barracuda for my entrée. I have never had barracuda before and this was very good. There were some starchy sides, truffle potatoes, jasmine rice, plantains, black beans, and some pickled onions and a Creole sauce on the side.

Nathaly is such a sweetheart. She asked if I like sweets and sent me home with a piece of cashew cake with my leftover box.

I took a cab downtown since I knew I was probably going to have a cocktail and I don’t like to drive if I’ve had even one drink. It’s $10 from low rise to downtown. My cab driver on the way home was very talkative. She was telling me that I was her second fare today and her first fare had been just before mine. She said on Sunday she only had two all day. I gave her a 100% tip I liked her a lot. And I felt bad for her.

One of the employees here, the lady that used to run the bingo when they had bingo, said that they have to carry their work schedule and their work ID badges with them in case they get stopped after curfew they can show that they’re allowed to be out to get to or from work at whatever hour it is.

I had planned on going to the infinity pool tomorrow, but I’ll have to wait and see how my sunburn is doing when I get up.
    LOVE Taste My Aruba- had the BEST Wahoo there last year prepared just how I like it (simply grilled with lemon). We will definitely be having dinner there a couple of times at least during our upcoming 3 weeks on the island.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely on my list for next trip. I want to try that cashew cake!!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Life is short.....eat that cashew cake 1st

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    1st? if it's as good a everyone claims, it may be just that! :-)
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to the infinity pool at DL today about 10 and was the only one there for about an hour. I tried to stay shaded. I went back to DV pool about 1:30 and was the only one there for about 2 hours when a lady sat down in a pool chair. Met Gina and her friends for 6:30 dinner at Ricardo's.

They all had the all you can eat grouper and I had calamari and churasco. Not my best meal, but not my worst. There was a mixup with a soup so they took all three appetizers back to the kitchen. When they came back (with the right soup) my squid was cold, but I ate most of it.

The churasco wasn't what I'm used to but it was cooked and seasoned well. I brought about half if it back home. The steak was served with mashed and mixed veggies. Back in my room in time to see the end of my TV show at 8:45.

In the meantime, when I was leaving ABC, I felt a stinging twinge in my heel. It hurt for a couple minutes but I made it back to my car and room, but I still get the twinge every once in a while. I sure hope it's fine in the morning.

In going to have my cashew cake and some Bailey's when I finish this post. Maybe that will help.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you happen to see any of the updates at the units at ABC? I've seen some photos and it looks like they have done a nice job. I hope your friend has an upgraded unit - I'm not sure if the whole resort is finished yet or not.

We have had good churrasco at Tango (husband's favorite) and also at Che Bar (the owners are from Argentina).
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you can, put your heel on some ice for a little while and then soak in hot water.

do you think that their grouper was really "real grouper?"

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Went to the infinity pool at DL today about 10 and was the only one there for about an hour. I tried to stay shaded. I went back to DV pool about 1:30 and was the only one there for about 2 hours when a lady sat down in a pool chair. Met Gina and her friends for 6:30 dinner at Ricardo's.

They all had the all you can eat grouper and I had calamari and churasco. Not my best meal, but not my worst. There was a mixup with a soup so they took all three appetizers back to the kitchen. When they came back (with the right soup) my squid was cold, but I ate most of it.

The churasco wasn't what I'm used to but it was cooked and seasoned well. I brought about half if it back home. The steak was served with mashed and mixed veggies. Back in my room in time to see the end of my TV show at 8:45.

In the meantime, when I was leaving ABC, I felt a stinging twinge in my heel. It hurt for a couple minutes but I made it back to my car and room, but I still get the twinge every once in a while. I sure hope it's fine in the morning.

In going to have my cashew cake and some Bailey's when I finish this post. Maybe that will help.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I will try the ice/heat thing.
    not sure about ABC. Gina is staying there. I will ask her.

Not sure about the grouper. I’m kind of over grouper. I’ve tried it at several different places, prepared several different ways and it’s just not my favorite fish. I think my grouper from TOF Sunday night was my last one
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your updates. I really enjoy reading them!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had grouper at the paddock
    Don't think it was real. Didn't taste right
    But ice cream where Andrea told me was yummy
    0 1