This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/20-10/3/20

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't there a pharmacy at SuperFoods? Get your sugar bread, chocolate pound cake and half a dozen stroopwaffles. And for type-2 diabetics like me, don't forget to pick up a couple of cases of Metformin on your way out. Lol

Meanwhile, we really should get back to Laura's vacation. It's almost 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Laura should be napping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Wow, that will certainly put your glucose levels up. I bet it’s delicious.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, great. now I'm hungry again.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have to buy eggs now so I can make French Toast later. I’ll update later as my phone is low on battery
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is a couple of doors down from SuperFood
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Isn't there a pharmacy at SuperFoods? Get your sugar bread, chocolate pound cake and half a dozen stroopwaffles. And for type-2 diabetics like me, don't forget to pick up a couple of cases of Metformin on your way out. Lol

Meanwhile, we really should get back to Laura's vacation. It's almost 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Laura should be napping right now.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to lunch at West deck with my friend Gina. I had the governors bay salad and fried funchi and she had the keeshi yena. My meal was delicious. Then we hit Ling & Son on the way back. I dropped her off at ABC and came back to DV. I spend a couple hours in a little pool and then went across the street to the beach bar for sunset and cocktails.

I had a couple of brown ladies and came back to my room and made a hamburger and some mac & cheese for dinner. I am now sitting on my balcony watching a cool lightning storm off in the distance.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Gina told me that the room she usually stays in at ABC is being renovated at this time so she is in a room that she has never been in before. She said that it does look like it has new flooring and new countertops so it probably is one of the renovated rooms.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Went to lunch at West deck with my friend Gina. I had the governors bay salad and fried funchi and she had the keeshi yena. My meal was delicious. Then we hit Ling & Son on the way back. I dropped her off at ABC and came back to DV. I spend a couple hours in a little pool and then went across the street to the beach bar for sunset and cocktails.

I had a couple of brown ladies and came back to my room and made a hamburger and some mac & cheese for dinner. I am now sitting on my balcony watching a cool lightning storm off in the distance.
    The Beach Bar is open again?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Laura, you were sort of on the fence prior to leaving...since this vacation is very different from the others due to the lack of your regular Divi family...... what are your thoughts today?

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The beach bar is open 12 to 8, kitchen closes at 7:30, happy hour is all day!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    The beach bar is open 12 to 8, kitchen closes at 7:30, happy hour is all day!
    I searched around and see they opened up again on 9/3 ish. That's one of our favorite watering holes. And happy hour all day!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0