This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip report 9/22-10/5

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to write the report. I can't believe Lings is still remodeling. They were working on that when we arrived in December.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ling is on Aruba time haha

The beach bar is nice. I was concerned about missing my second floor as well, but the first floor bar is very very nice and I think I might like it better. The only thing I do not like about it is that happy hour is only 5 to 6 instead of 5 to 7.

cousin is on island this week, too, and they treated me to flamingo island. I had a blast and I am thrilled that I finally got to go there. I’m heading up north to the Melt Away for dinner with a friend tonight.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you are having a fabulous time, Laura! Look forward to hearing how you like Melt Away. Enjoy!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad that you liked the beach bar!!
    is jimmy still the bartender?

have fun tonight and thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Ling is on Aruba time haha

The beach bar is nice. I was concerned about missing my second floor as well, but the first floor bar is very very nice and I think I might like it better. The only thing I do not like about it is that happy hour is only 5 to 6 instead of 5 to 7.

cousin is on island this week, too, and they treated me to flamingo island. I had a blast and I am thrilled that I finally got to go there. I’m heading up north to the Melt Away for dinner with a friend tonight.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We go to the new Beach Bar frequently for happy hour, maybe to frequently.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how you like Melt Away.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We we were told no more Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    glad that you liked the beach bar!!
    is jimmy still the bartender?

have fun tonight and thanks for sharing

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimmy isn’t here. I heard he went back to the Philippines but have no idea if that’s accurate.

Melt Away was fabulous. I ate so much I’m almost ashamed of myself. Eline sat us and took our orders. I like a sweeter wine on the rare occasion I drink wine so I asked about the Moscato. She suggested Dr Loosen Riesling which was perfect for me. A server with the most adorable dimples brought out an amuse bouche of fried tomato something with tomato aioli or something similar - delicious!!!

there were three of us, and we each ordered an appetizer. We had the mushroom casserole, the steak tartar, and a cheese stuffed mushrooms. We ate all of those. I’m not a huge fan of tartar but I ate my share. The shrimps were large and the sauce on the casserole was just a tiny hint of sweetness with a hint of heat. It went perfectly with the shrimp. The mushrooms were cheesy and had a tasty garlic sauce.

Steve ordered the sea bass but they were out so he was offered the Corvina as a replacement and he accepted. It was served with fresh vegetables and risotto. Cindy and I split the raclette for two with the moyen side. I have been so anxious wanting to try this dish. It did not disappoint. It was fun to scrape the cheese, and the sides that we chose were the perfect accompaniment. The meat was just salty enough and the tomatoes were a refreshing coolness. I was full after the first bite but kept on eating anyway. We had quite a bit left over so Cindy took the rest of the bread and meat to have as a snack later this week. We were all stuffed, so of course we ordered dessert. Cindy and Steve split the tiramisu. The presentation was clever and original. They seemed to enjoy that dessert. I ordered the Appleton. It was a very rich dessert after the meal I just ate, and more than one person needs, and I enjoyed every bite of it.
    See the link below for more detail description of the food and prices. Our bill was about 187 and split three ways it’s about what I would normally pay for a fancy dinner night here on the island. I ordered and ate way more food than I normally do. The sad part is that we are all going to go to Linda’s for pancakes tomorrow morning I will probably still be full!!
    Www.meltwayaruba.com
    Last edited by Laura in NH; 10-11-2019 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Late night typos
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this link: https://www.meltawayaruba.com/
    Last edited by WaltVB; 09-28-2019 at 07:47 AM.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I think I have to add Melt Away to our list! Loved your description!

0 1