This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing to report. Just went to the pool, read, chatted, cooled off in the pool and enjoyed some Aruban Joy rum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

My son looked it up. here are a few more sites about the $34mil yacht and the $170,000 a month that it costs.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/...ion-yacht.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/26/y...ndulgence.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not feel like doing much today. Did some cleaning, laundry and headed to SuperFoods. I am a fool. I got there at 11 and the parking lot was filled including the new section. It was a zoo inside, but I didn't need many different items, so I got what I needed and realized I was close to the free Carnival Tee shirt, so I picked up some treats and headed to the registers. While I am paying, we hear a loud sound and turn to see that a woman(I think) went down right between the register I was at and the deli department. I couldn't see much because the line was long and people were helping and I heard that they were calling for an ambulance. I am hoping she was okay. I have no idea what caused her to fall. I finally get out of the parking and start to go the back way out and can't go far because there was an accident blocking the back way out. It appeared that a Romar truck cut the corner making the left turn and was hit by a car who was in their proper lane. I hope no one was hurt. After lunch I went for a drive. I'd had wanted to see the mosaic wall signs that my instruct did for Tuscany Residences and then I drove around looking around that neighborhood. There are some really nice homes in that area. The final stop was at a store in the Palm Beach area. The other night I saw an Aruba EMT tee shirt but we were in a hurry, so I went back to grab one for David. Dinner was in tonight and Stu is currently in a meeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quiet day. I did some cleaning, and worked on Ancestry.com. I texted a close friend and he called me. He is having a major (surprise) medical issue and will need surgery as soon as they can arrange it. I wish I was there to help. Around 315 we head to the airport to pick up schexe. Dropped them off and didn't do much until I made dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear of your friend’s medical issue. It’s difficult when something happens while you’re away. Hope that all goes well.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope that your friend recovers quickly!

It seems too bad to have to do housework while you are in Aruba.

Did the weather improve today?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Hope that your friend recovers quickly!

It seems too bad to have to do housework while you are in Aruba.

Did the weather improve today?
    Yes, but we did often and on dark clouds.

Housework and laundry is a part of life. I try to do a little each day. I have to sweep often because of the sand. When it is windy, it seems to find its way in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Sorry to hear of your friend’s medical issue. It’s difficult when something happens while you’re away. Hope that all goes well.
    Thank-you. He is 10 years younger than me. His family and Stu's family go back to the late 1930s. They are more family than friends. I am godmother to his son. He's had a rough few years-very nasty divorce, continuous issues with his crazy ex over the kids(15 and 11), lost both his parents and is trying to settle their estates, run the business and deal with his siblings. Just as he thought things were getting easier (just moved into his dream house), now he was a serious medical issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just realized we are 1/2 through our time here.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were in Aruba, nothing...0, nada would get done in the house.

When we lived in our first house in Florida, the community was a "resort community" and it was so hard to get into doing the daily chores/routines.
    It was an effort just to get laundry done. . Much time in the pool and clubhouse.

Now we are in a different community...not as resort-like, but still difficult for me to get things done. Not s much time in the clubhouse, but lots of time in the pool.

It is supposed to be cloudy and rainy tomorrow and I have 4 loads of laundry to do.

Robin, thanks for your updates!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0