This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    New photos and video added. Sorry about the last bit of them being poorly done-too much rum. I also think uploading some of the pictures lost some of their clarity.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow wow wow wow
    BEAUTIFUL
    thank you so much for posting.

please could you share a few of those to my FB page?
    I would love for my FB friends to see some of those magnificent pictures.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    New photos and video added. Sorry about the last bit of them being poorly done-too much rum. I also think uploading some of the pictures lost some of their clarity.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoying all your photos!!

Post Thanks / Like
    These are fantastic Robin! Thanks so much for sharing Carnivale with us! I was dancing in my desk chair to the beat of the Happy Island!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the link on FB and you can share that if you want. If not, let me know and I'll share on your FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    wow wow wow wow
    BEAUTIFUL
    thank you so much for posting.

please could you share a few of those to my FB page?
    I would love for my FB friends to see some of those magnificent pictures.

thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photos, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday: I was up early(stomach still bothering me from all the rum). After watching a ship come in, I got moving and was at SuperFoods around 830 and then to ASD for two items and then Lings. I had not been to Lings in two weeks, and noticed that they have all new shopping carts. There are some of the regular big ones and lots of the smaller two level ones(I love these). They are also working on the entrance. It used to be that you could enter through any of those pillars into the courtyard that is at the entrance. They have blocked off the areas(using short walls) between some of the pillars so there are only two ways into the courtyard area. Anyway, I was home by 10. Did some laundry, and headed to the pool around 2ish. Hung under tree reading until 5 since all the palapas were full and went up stairs to make dinner, finish laundry, and watch TV.

I think this is going be a trying week here. When I went down at 2, two of the palapas were filled with beach chairs on top of the chairs and not a soul with them for hours. Lots of big groups too. The people next to us in the 2 bedroom are nice, but smoke like chimneys as does the person in the unit under them. The people on the other side of us are loud. No sense of closing doors without banging them and we can hear them loudly though the concrete walls that separate our bedroom from their living room well past midnight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wednesday: Went for a walk before breakfast. There was something going on around the palapas and the police was involved. I know it involved someone staying here because I keep seeing the guy on the property, but he does not seem friendly or approachable. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow at the owner's annual meeting. Took care of some stuff like making appointments when we get home and worked on an aspect our trip this summer. I went to my mosaic class. Things are starting to get easier again. I started using my adjustable hand grips(from PT before we came here) and increasing the weight and I think that is why I am able to cut the tiles better. I was finally pleased with my cuts and progress. Dinner was leftovers. My happiness with my progress was dulled by a message I received about our friend at home(his sister called because his phone had no battery left).

I know I mentioned it earlier, but did not go into details. Our friend has a a benign brain tumor pressing on the nerves of his right ear, eye and side of face. It is large at 4 cm and has probably been growing slowly for 20 years. It is not life threatening, but will be life altering. He will lose the rest of his hearing in his right ear, may have issues with his right eye and may have balance issues. Time will tell. He is set for 12-18 hour surgery on March 18th at Penn Medicine(University of Pennsylvania), however; they wanted his eye pressure checked and it was through the roof. He was admitted and they are putting a shunt in tomorrow to reduce the pressure on the optic nerve. He is 48, divorced, 15 and 11 year olds, shared custody with a real nut job of an ex wife. We feel helpless so far away, but going home won't do much. I'll be home about a week after he gets discharged and will help his sister and brother out then, but I have a feeling he will be receiving in home care.

Today we headed over to WinTung Home Center. We had a shelving thing in our shower-glass and what we thought was stainless-it's not and it is rusting. We bought one made out of plastic and will allow water to drain. Not as pretty, but much more practical. Did some cleaning and then spent the rest of the day at the pool. Made dinner and were eating when our friend called. He sound good and positive and we won't be anything put positive around him. His sister will call or text tomorrow. Stu's working tonight and I am just hanging out.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about the challenges your friend faces and pray that the surgery goes well.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing!
    positive thoughts for your friend!!!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0