This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Saying prayers that your friend’s surgery goes well and he has an easy recovery!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers for your friend today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Friends on Southwest to Albany were noticed they are stopping service March 21. They were supposed to leave April 2 and are leaving today.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robin, do you have enough meds in case you can't leave on April 1? If not, can you get what you need? When I think about the fact that we were all just hanging out in Aruba 4 weeks ago, having a great time, all of this just seems surreal.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Robin, do you have enough meds in case you can't leave on April 1? If not, can you get what you need? When I think about the fact that we were all just hanging out in Aruba 4 weeks ago, having a great time, all of this just seems surreal.
    Mine meds are standard. His maybe a little more difficult but not impossible

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Mine meds are standard. His maybe a little more difficult but not impossible
    That's good to hear. Good luck!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So many people here have been contacted by their airline, but AA has said nothing. People started leaving early today. It is so quiet. I can't imagine what it will be like this weekend. I am so uneasy, but hubby won't do anything until we get an email. The only communication is asking if we want to upgrade our seats. I spent most of the day at the pool just being anxious. It was so quiet for Flag and Anthem Day. No large groups of motor cycles, but lots of cars driving around. Dinner was leftovers. On a positive note so far, our friend should be coming out of surgery very soon. They got 99% of the tumor leaving small "crumbs" around the facial nerve that could have caused damage. They doctor feels they won't grow back. Now we have to see how he recovers. Thanks for your well wishes, prayers and positive vibes.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is wonderful news about your friend, Robin. I hope his recovery goes as well as his surgery did. He will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to get a very difficult drug in Aruba last year "Entresto". Just showed my RX bottle and it was cheaper than in U.S. They have a generic Entresto In Holland not yet approved in Aruba.
    Sean ans Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are headed home on Sunday thanks to the help of Steve and Cathy. We were going to rent a car to get home from the airport, but our son is off that night and can pick us up. Now maybe my stomach will settle down.

I went for a walk around the property around 11 today. No one at any of the pools and two palapas available on the beach. It is so quiet. Everything is slowly shutting down.

Our friend is doing really well. His sister called me and I got scared, however it was great news. He was able to get out of bed, stand and sit down on his own. It was painful, but once he was seated the pain lessened. He is supposed to be in ICU for 2-3 days, but it looks like he is leaving it today.

We still have our sunset cruise tonight. Tomorrow I will pick up my mosaic piece, wash the car and pick up some stroopwaffles, rum and cheese to take home. Saturday will be packing up the condo, although I already started it.