This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your home safely.

Post Thanks / Like
    So relieved to know you are home safe and sound. Thank you for letting us know.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank-you to Steve and Cathy for getting us to the airport!

The longest line in the airport was at the kiosk to pay for luggage and get boarding passes, but it moved. The funny thing was, the person who got in line behind us was one of the people who was on the Black Pearl with us on Thursday night. We went dropped the luggage, he glanced at our boarding passes and passports and didn't check the weight on our luggage. The rest of the lines moved very quickly. I don't think they really checked the bags going through scanning very well-no one was stopped. They just kept the lines moving. We were through in very little time even with a bathroom stop along the way. I'd say 45 minutes from front door to the lounge by Gate 2, which was almost empty(our first time in this one as it isn't our usual gate). The plane was full. We had our aisle seats. The couple next to me had been staying at Oceania but on the other side, so we never met and they have been coming for years. They also were supposed to leave on April 1, then were rescheduled for Sunday like us and then had to go home yesterday. They were supposed to be in 1st class because he has back issues, but there were no seats. We had ordered sandwiches for our flight on Sunday, but they said they couldn't put them on this flight. However, Stu asked and they have us two without charging us. The flight had no bumps in the road and we landed 1/2 hour early. The airport was insanely quiet for a Saturday night at 715-730. It was almost as quiet as arriving at midnight, but we still waited for our luggage. We walked out to get the shuttle to the car rental place and it came along just after we got outside. One the way there we could see that the long term parking was pretty empty. Stu quickly did the paperwork and we got our car and drove home along very quiet roads for that time of night, let alone a Saturday night. We were home by 9 pm.

Looked outside this morning and all the trees are blooming. The air is cool.

Thank-you to everyone on this forum for being so helpful, supportive and for being a friend and reading my dull daily living posts.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad that you had an easy time getting home. Thanks so much for faithfully giving us trip reports. I get so behind with them when I'm in Aruba. We will have to get together and celebrate this being behind us, next year. Stay safe!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to hear the trip home was uneventful. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad that you are home and that the airport adventures were not at all terrible.
    get some rest!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Thank-you to Steve and Cathy for getting us to the airport!

The longest line in the airport was at the kiosk to pay for luggage and get boarding passes, but it moved. The funny thing was, the person who got in line behind us was one of the people who was on the Black Pearl with us on Thursday night. We went dropped the luggage, he glanced at our boarding passes and passports and didn't check the weight on our luggage. The rest of the lines moved very quickly. I don't think they really checked the bags going through scanning very well-no one was stopped. They just kept the lines moving. We were through in very little time even with a bathroom stop along the way. I'd say 45 minutes from front door to the lounge by Gate 2, which was almost empty(our first time in this one as it isn't our usual gate). The plane was full. We had our aisle seats. The couple next to me had been staying at Oceania but on the other side, so we never met and they have been coming for years. They also were supposed to leave on April 1, then were rescheduled for Sunday like us and then had to go home yesterday. They were supposed to be in 1st class because he has back issues, but there were no seats. We had ordered sandwiches for our flight on Sunday, but they said they couldn't put them on this flight. However, Stu asked and they have us two without charging us. The flight had no bumps in the road and we landed 1/2 hour early. The airport was insanely quiet for a Saturday night at 715-730. It was almost as quiet as arriving at midnight, but we still waited for our luggage. We walked out to get the shuttle to the car rental place and it came along just after we got outside. One the way there we could see that the long term parking was pretty empty. Stu quickly did the paperwork and we got our car and drove home along very quiet roads for that time of night, let alone a Saturday night. We were home by 9 pm.

Looked outside this morning and all the trees are blooming. The air is cool.

Thank-you to everyone on this forum for being so helpful, supportive and for being a friend and reading my dull daily living posts.
    No problem, that's what friends are for

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Added a few pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you got home safe and sound. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. Checking in with you really was the highlight of most days lately.
    0 0