This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, so sorry to hear about Stu. Hope that he recovers quickly.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are all a bit of a baby when we are sick....us men are not half as tough as we portray to be. I hope Stu is feeling better quickly. Stu is the 3rd person I know who currently has Pneumonia. I am very glad you went to Urgent Care before things got any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    well, we all know about how "some" men get when they are ill...........even if it is a head cold.
    I am speaking from experience......married to one and gave birth to one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Stu recovers quickly! I enjoy reading your reports...thank you for posting
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your well wishes for hubby. His color is better and although he is still coughing long and hard, it doesn't seem to be as often. Right now I am waiting for him to eat lunch and then we will head to the pool. I am hoping getting outside for a few hours and a nap by the pool will help. He won't be working now till Monday, so hopefully he will get the rest he needs.

Yesterday was a very rainy day. I got some stuff done in the condo and then went to the pool because I thought the rain was over. No luck. The wind would really whip and it would pour for 10 minutes and then about an hour later a repeat. I braved it out for a few hours(did go up for lunch) and then when it seemed like round four was coming in(round 3 was when I was inside for lunch), I gave up and went inside. It got very, very dark a few times. I did add a picture into the album. This was probably the first time we didn't have dinner on the balcony because it was wet from the force of the winds. Quiet evening of leftovers for dinner, TV and reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hubby said he is feeling a bit better today. I guess the meds are finally kicking in and he slept yesterday afternoon by the pool and slept in this morning. He was coughing less last night.

Yesterday morning Stu had a business call and returned an item to Island Asia that was missing a part. It is so easy getting through downtown now that most of the traffic goes around. After lunch we headed to the pool for a few hours. It was a beautiful but very windy day. The couple sitting next to us(we know them from last year) walked across the street for a dip in the ocean. She said the waves knocked her down twice. Dinner was on the balcony and then just the same as the night before. During the night, I have no idea what time, I could hear a helicopter very close by and very low. I wonder what happened. We've seen and heard them along the water in the past, but not at night. Stu heard nothing.

Today we slept in and while hubby slept, I got some things done around the condo. After lunch, I think we will head to the pool.

They have been working everyday across the street. Now that they have cleaned up the vegetation from about my building to Irausquin, they are breaking up old concrete. Another piece of equipment is continuing to take out vegetation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu seems a lot better today! His color is better, his attitude is better, and although he is coughing less, he is still coughing.

I really have to get out my habit of shopping on Mondays. Super Foods was poorly stocked and packed this morning. I don't understand why they don't bring people in to stock when the store is closed. Between all the people and stockers and their carts it was not fun. Found what I could and went to Lings to only pick up what I needed for dinner tonight. I'll get the rest tomorrow. Stu spent most of the morning working on the balcony. It was a beautiful morning with very little humidity(its been really high some days this week). I'm trying to put up some more canvas prints I had made and brought with us. Dinner will be here tonight.

Friends who spend time here are slowing coming in. One arrived late last night, one tomorrow and others are coming in over the next week. It'll be nice to see everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I could "work" from my balcony I might actually enjoy working. Glad Stu is feeling better. I too hate shopping on Mondays but I will be honest I hate shopping almost any day. Have fun with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Stu seems a lot better today! His color is better, his attitude is better, and although he is coughing less, he is still coughing.

I really have to get out my habit of shopping on Mondays. Super Foods was poorly stocked and packed this morning. I don't understand why they don't bring people in to stock when the store is closed. Between all the people and stockers and their carts it was not fun. Found what I could and went to Lings to only pick up what I needed for dinner tonight. I'll get the rest tomorrow. Stu spent most of the morning working on the balcony. It was a beautiful morning with very little humidity(its been really high some days this week). I'm trying to put up some more canvas prints I had made and brought with us. Dinner will be here tonight.

Friends who spend time here are slowing coming in. One arrived late last night, one tomorrow and others are coming in over the next week. It'll be nice to see everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu worked today. This morning I finished up shopping and errands. I had planned to go to the pool in the pm but I was told the AC guy would be here in the pm, so I just hung out and waited. He explained some info about our thermostat and our AC unit that we had not been told about in the past. It isn't a the typical system like we have at home and now we know why it does what it does. He said he'd bring us a new manual tomorrow. We walked to Asi Mi Peru for dinner. We thought we could get there chicken at their walk up window, but instead, because it wasn't lunch, we had to go inside. We split 1/2 a chicken. Stu loved it, but I wasn't trilled with the spices. I got some of their coconut ice cream which I love. We walked back on the new walkway/old road. It was lit tonight with the old traffic lights, but you can see they are installing new lighting. In fact they dug a trench in front of Oceania with red conduit in it. It goes under the road and there are trenches with it where the new lighting is going. They also added some I guess exercise equipment. I hope to get out and start walking again and I am thinking of maybe doing it in the evening since it is cooler. I'm going to go back to my mosaic class tomorrow pm.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really looking forward to reading about mosaics and seeing photos of what you create.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I took care of some house keeping in the morning while hubby worked. Ran an errand before heading to my class. This year I brought some project wood-stuff you buy at Michaels-and a small Lazy Susan. On the larger board I wanted to do a vase with sunflower and had sketched in my horrible way what I thought it would look like on paper. She pulled up a picture similar to what I had in mind, but a mixed media of using tile and broken plates. She sketched it out for me on the wood and I started on this yesterday and have part of the vase done. Dinner was left overs. Stu had an evening appointment and we just did what we usually do which is watch tv. The plan today was the pool for me. I went down at 1015ish and by noon it had poured 3x. I came back up to through laundry in the dryer and found my hubby had taken apart the light fixture in the kitchen. He found a wire came loose and that is why it isn't working. I guess my new fixture goes back to the store. Going to try to see if the sun will stay out.