This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you are in Aruba mode now! Hope that Stu is feeling better everyday. My husband has pneumonia a few years back while we were in Aruba- refused to go to dr while we were there,refused to leave early for home. Ended up on ICU for a few days and was written out of work for another week- no fun to be sick while away.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear dinner at CS was very good! Enjoying your daily stories.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've decided that Wednesdays morning will be condo cleaning time since I have to leave here no later than 1:40 for my mosaic class. I also decided that I'm not cooking on Wednesdays so it will be leftovers or dinner out. I got most of the condo cleaned this morning. My new bath rugs look really nice and match the bathroom.

I finished the vase part of my mosaic and started cutting out large petals for the flowers. Working with plates is messier than tile because they seem to create more dust. Using plates creates a 3-D effect and I am learning a new way of working with both the plates and tile. I have to make the flowers on mesh and then do then do the tile that will go beneath the petals. I love that she is pushing us to use different mediums and techniques.

I have been wanting pizza and went to Hostaria da Vittorio for dinner because they have a brick oven. I had a 4 cheese pizza and Stu had a veggie. Both were very good. I wanted something creamy for dessert because my stomach was bothering me so I ordered the cannoli. It okay. I've had better and I've had worse. Stu thought the same thing.

Getting some laundry done tonight. At 11pm they are shutting down the water and draining the pipes to the Palm and Eagle buildings until 5 am to do some work on the system. I am leery about the 5 am finish time because they also recommended turning off the hot water heaters and not turning them on again to 9 am. Stu thinks it is to give all the hot water heaters to fill if people use the hot water after 11 pm. I'm just not so sure.

I added pictures of last night's sunset and my mosaic work so far along with the inspiration photo.

A friend of mine, her hubby and another couple I don't know are coming in on a cruise ship in the AM. They are going to take a taxi to Eagle Beach just to hang out on the beach and I have to find try to find them in the morning. If my friend and hubby were alone, I'd have picked them up, but the Honda Fit wouldn't fit that many people. I told them where to go, let's see if they listen.
    Last edited by robin; 01-22-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu is correct if your hot water heater water is used up with no replacement water the heating elements will burn out which is why when we go away for several weeks we turn off the main water and the water heater
    Last edited by lucky; 01-22-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoying your photos. The mosaic looks fabulous!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That I know-they said it in the email. He thinks that if people use their hot water during the shut off, that it will take 4 hours for everyone's tanks to refill. I think they telling us the water will be on at 5 am, but aren't sure if the water will really be on by 5, so they are saying to turn on the hot water heaters at 9. I know we won't be using hot water during those hours.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Stu is correct if your hot water heater water is used up with no replacement water the heating elements will burn out which is why when we go away for several weeks we turn off the main water and the water heater

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    mosaic will be awesome.
    beautiful sunset photos!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Really enjoying your trip reports and photos, Robin! The mosaics are beautiful. Curious as to where you are taking classes?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    mosaic will be awesome.
    beautiful sunset photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Really enjoying your trip reports and photos, Robin! The mosaics are beautiful. Curious as to where you are taking classes?
    Thank-you. I hope mine comes out almost as nice as the inspiration one. The classes are at someone's mother's home in the Santa Rosa area on Rt. 4 between the entrance to Hooiberg and Rt. 7.