This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip Update 4/23-5/8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    My cousin had dinner at Atardi the other night and raved about it. Hope that helps!
    Thanks CP!!!! Good to know!!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We just went 2 weeks ago to Atardi (and last November) and it's definitely one of our favorites. Both service and food was delic! Most expensive meal of our vacation, but definitely a must do in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    Thanks CP!!!! Good to know!!!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great time reading your report. I've heard Alfies makes some great ribs but they only have it on the menu a certain night a week I believe it was Thursday. May is usually quiet in Aruba but I guess tourism is up. Keep enjoying!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Colette - Atardi was fantastic as always has been for us. It’s pricey for sure, especially if you order more than mains. But we enjoy the food, service and experience so don’t mind splurging.

Ace - rib night at Alfies is Thursday. They had nice flavor and fell off the bone. My hubs didn’t like that they were baby backs. He was expecting the larger ribs. Neither of us were impressed with chicken wings (they have some very interesting flavors). The poutine was the star here. It was very good! Burgers looked great and we wished we had ordered them with the poutine.

I will share final wrap up later this evening….
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kim ….. That trip certainly sped by.

thanks for the Alfies review.
    paul loves baby back and good to know the night!!!
    hoping for next spring!!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It was so nice seeing you guys again, it's been too long. Hope the flights home were trouble free and can't wait to see you next year!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    Colette - Atardi was fantastic as always has been for us. It’s pricey for sure, especially if you order more than mains. But we enjoy the food, service and experience so don’t mind splurging.

Ace - rib night at Alfies is Thursday. They had nice flavor and fell off the bone. My hubs didn’t like that they were baby backs. He was expecting the larger ribs. Neither of us were impressed with chicken wings (they have some very interesting flavors). The poutine was the star here. It was very good! Burgers looked great and we wished we had ordered them with the poutine.

I will share final wrap up later this evening….
    I will have to check Atardi menu for my husband. He doesn’t eat a lot of fish but does eat some like ahi tuna and salmon. If you want great ribs next time go to either Matthew’s on Monday night for all you can eat ribs OR Ricardo’s on Tuesday nights. They are the same awesome large fall off the bone ribs. Ricardo (who doesn’t own Ricardo’s anymore) used to work for Matthew’s so you can enjoy ribs at either place.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't mean to correct you Colette, but Mathew's Rib Night is on Tuesday.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Kenny View Post
    Don't mean to correct you Colette, but Mathew's Rib Night is on Tuesday.
    You are absolutely right. We’ve been to both so I had it backwards. Monday night is rib night at Ricardo’s & Tuesday night is Matthew’s. Thanks for catching!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to believe we have been home 3 days already. We won’t be taking a 2nd trip this year, next May seems so very far away.

In our final days we had burgers from Dushi for lunch, Salt & pepper for breakfast and another breakfast at Che Bar. We also walked down to Lola’s to get some nachos and Elote to go for lunch Friday. The Elote was loved by all, the nachos had gotten kind of soggy by the time we got back with them but still had good flavor - we just picked around the soggy chips. Friday we had dinner at the Vue- it was very good and surprisingly reasonably priced (for the food, drinks are where you are paying for the view). Last night dinner was at Azzuro as usual. We shared a bunch of apps. Hubs and GF had the pasta cheese wheel - they love it. J had linguini with clams which was the best meal IMO. I had chicken parm and didn’t love it.

We had rented a storage bin from Lock n Roll to leave behind a lot of the stuff we drag down every year (rafts, sand anchor, yeti cups, locking bag, plus a few suits and coverups). They came and picked that up Saturday afternoon. We learned that in future years we can just leave it in the PL Luggage Room as they pick up every Sunday. When we arrive next year, it will be waiting for us - my goal is to travel with carryons only (lol, right!).

Awoke early Sunday and started the sad task of packing up. Just grabbed coffee and muffins from Dunkin as no one was in mood for breakfast. Arrived at airport a bit more than 3 hours before our flight. We were near the front of the Delta checkin counter but it went painfully slow - seems most people had not checked in online so had to go through the time consuming process of doing it there. Very frustrating for those of us who came prepared but had to wait anyway (45 mins here). By the time we got outside to first immigration checkpoint the line had grown significantly long and that took about another 25-30 mins. We were dreading security lines and couldn’t believe it when there was no line whatsoever, there was also zero line in the US customs area. We had GE and had more people in line there than the regular customs line (not many, 8-10, but still….). Friends had conditional approval for GE and asked to do interview. Their request was granted and they caught up with us within about 10 mins. So all in all, about 1.5 hours, with nearly all of that being at checkin and first immigration check. About 10 mins for both security checks and US Customs. Flights were on time and mostly smooth.

Now the countdown til next year begins…..
    0 1