This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you are feeling well. After the second shot I had a low grade fever, body aches and was tired for a few days. Hubby had nothing other than the sore arm.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Glad to hear you are feeling well. After the second shot I had a low grade fever, body aches and was tired for a few days. Hubby had nothing other than the sore arm.
    we both got lucky!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    How's your 5G reception coming along? Can you hear me now?
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Doesn't matter if he hears you, because they now know where he is at all times. lol smh

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Overlord Gates is in full control. I'm currently running around the island yelling, "WINDOWS IS THE GREATEST INVENTION MANKIND HAS EVER SEEN!!!"
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Doesn't matter if he hears you, because they now know where he is at all times. lol smh
    I am The Borg.
    Last edited by act1966; 05-18-2021 at 09:52 AM. Reason: The The was a great 80s band
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Overlord Gates is in full control. I'm currently running around the island yelling, "WINDOWS IS THE GREATEST INVENTION MANKIND HAS EVER SEEN!!!"
    So it DOES work!

I am The Borg.

Koo koo ka choo! The assimilation has begun!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    resistance is futile
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Bean

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-coffee-jpg
    #RIP

I eat breakfast in a sunroom with a great view of the back forty and the blazing sun (most days). I set the coffee maker ("Jo-Jo") up so that it goes off each morning at 8:30 am and the nectar of the gods can flow through my veins by 8:37 am. So imagine my horror when, while viewing said blazing sun and eating breakfast, I hear Jo-Jo gasping for breath and than an unworldly loud click. I race into the kitchen screaming, "NO! NO! NO!" to find Jo-Jo ripped open and spurting coffee all over the place. The last thing I remember was licking the floor.

So off I went to find a replacement for our ancient Jo-Jo. At the best of times, Aruba has a limited supply of any given thing so I knew it was going to be a "Hunt for Java October". And, boy, did I look. AMC, Crown, Ezeeee, Giselle's, My Computer, Euro Kitchen. Nada. Yes, there were coffee makers but, no, the cost/benefit ratio was seriously out of whack. Five hundred florins for a run of the mill Cuisinart that didn't even include a grinder? I don't think so. It's time to re-think our relationship with coffee. That and we have three Nespresso machines back up north. Ugh. Quitting wouldn't be easy.

I did spend some time in Euro Kitchen https://eurokitchendesign.com/ -- for the uninitiated, EK is a beautful kitchen design store on the island that also has a section of kitchenwares overseen by my new best friend, Laura. They carry lots of European products that I don't regularly see in Canada. For anyone that cooks, it's a complete design dream. We've bought quite a few things there over the years (the last thing being the high-use Boretti barbeque). I spent some time talking with Laura and she's turning me on to a German line of cookware, "Woll", that I'm going to buy a wok from when they come back in stock. Sadly, no coffee makers at EK but on I went.

Defeated at the lack of quality coffee makers, I sullenly returned home and found The Spouse had fixed the machine which had a stuck mechanism. Like Lazerus, Jo-jo lives to see another day.

Quit coffee? LOL yeah, right.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom reacted similarly last year when there was a shortage of Maxwell House INSTANT COFFEE!! Can you imagine?

0 1