This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...

Post Thanks / Like
    Is This Where Pigs Live?

Had to head over to Urgent Care https://www.cuidomedico.com as I was having trouble shaking a sty in my eye. It's like a "tear in your beer" without the Hank Williams. Lots of good protocol action and very efficient and pleasant staff. Met with the doctor after a short wait; she was very knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with. In and out in about an hour with prescription in hand. Will definitely use them again.

Didn't know the pharmacy next to Superfood had left the area so headed over to Eagle Pharmacy https://boticadiservicio.com near the hospital - I'd already re-filled some of my Canadian prescriptions there as we're here longer than we thought so didn't need to fill out forms again by going there. Very nice staff and helped me with my Papiamento! Learned a little bit about the universal insurance down here as well. **Side note: Canada is the only country with universal health coverage that doesn't cover pharmaceuticals. Grrrr.

Back to The Manse to deep clean some rooms and whipped up soba noodles with ginger chicken for dinner and some nice sauvignon blanc to celebrate a productive day.

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-soba-jpgTwo Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-sb1-jpgTwo Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-sb2-jpg
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad all worked out well. That food looks yummy! A gourmet cook!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    does Canada have a prescription plan that you can buy into?

hope your eye is better real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Is This Where Pigs Live?

Had to head over to Urgent Care https://www.cuidomedico.com as I was having trouble shaking a sty in my eye. It's like a "tear in your beer" without the Hank Williams. Lots of good protocol action and very efficient and pleasant staff. Met with the doctor after a short wait; she was very knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with. In and out in about an hour with prescription in hand. Will definitely use them again.

Didn't know the pharmacy next to Superfood had left the area so headed over to Eagle Pharmacy https://boticadiservicio.com near the hospital - I'd already re-filled some of my Canadian prescriptions there as we're here longer than we thought so didn't need to fill out forms again by going there. Very nice staff and helped me with my Papiamento! Learned a little bit about the universal insurance down here as well. **Side note: Canada is the only country with universal health coverage that doesn't cover pharmaceuticals. Grrrr.

Back to The Manse to deep clean some rooms and whipped up soba noodles with ginger chicken for dinner and some nice sauvignon blanc to celebrate a productive day.

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-soba-jpgTwo Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-sb1-jpgTwo Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-sb2-jpg
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I made ginger pork yesterday with rice. I’ll have to try it with noodles. Your dish with the chicken looks good! How do the prescription prices in Aruba compare to Canada prices?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I made ginger pork yesterday with rice. I’ll have to try it with noodles. Your dish with the chicken looks good! How do the prescription prices in Aruba compare to Canada prices?
    I'm not really sure as I was getting things that I don't regularly buy in Canada (i.e. antibiotics) and I have corporate coverage there as well so don't really pay attention to prices. I didn't have any sticker shock though. Reasonably priced.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We have used Urgent Care ourselves. In December I sliced my leg requiring 14 stitches. I went to Urgent Care after 5...waited about 20 minutes for doctor to arrive (no problem as far as I was concerned). Up to date on tetnus. But had a prescription for oral antibiotic. Think that was around $50 for 14 days. Then the leg developed an infection after she removed about half the stitches. Antibiotic cream to use for weeks $25. I saw her twice a week for two weeks and weekly after for about 6-7 (she wanted to keep any eye on it!) They only charged once for the doctor's time including the stitches ....$350! We are fortunate to have excellent insurance that covers us worldwide (for which we pay but at a decent discount). We pay directly to Urgent Care and are fully reimbursed when we present detail paperwork from here. We are stunned (and grateful) at the low cost of medical services here.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel better.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    we have used urgent care ourselves. In december i sliced my leg requiring 14 stitches. I went to urgent care after 5...waited about 20 minutes for doctor to arrive (no problem as far as i was concerned). Up to date on tetnus. But had a prescription for oral antibiotic. Think that was around $50 for 14 days. Then the leg developed an infection after she removed about half the stitches. Antibiotic cream to use for weeks $25. I saw her twice a week for two weeks and weekly after for about 6-7 (she wanted to keep any eye on it!) they only charged once for the doctor's time including the stitches ....$350! We are fortunate to have excellent insurance that covers us worldwide (for which we pay but at a decent discount). We pay directly to urgent care and are fully reimbursed when we present detail paperwork from here. We are stunned (and grateful) at the low cost of medical services here.
    ouch!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

hope your eye is better real soon.
    Once in awhile I treat myself to Soba or Udon noodles.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A lot of corporations offer health plans for prescriptions and dental. Prescriptions are covered in Ontario for 65+.
    1 0