This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy to see you did not have our terrible Charlotte experience with the crowding. People hate Miami as a connection, but I felt safer there during covid times than CLT.

Thank you for your reports, and taking us along in Aruba during these crazy times.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I am happy to see you did not have our terrible Charlotte experience with the crowding. People hate Miami as a connection, but I felt safer there during covid times than CLT.

Thank you for your reports, and taking us along in Aruba during these crazy times.
    You're welcome! And, as always Tracey... thoughts and panties.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So you guys have been back in Canada a little over a week. How's it going?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So you guys have been back in Canada a little over a week. How's it going?
    It's been "interesting". There's still a palpable level of fear in the city - people crossing the street when you approach, offices vigilant about capacity numbers BUT there's been a noticeable change in restaurant culture: the patios have expanded on to the streets with a lot of main roads being reduced down to two lanes to accommodate the change.

I had to go to Canada's major department store, "The Bay", (think "Macy's") a couple of days ago - it was like a ghost town: seven floors and I probably saw ten people in total. I don't know how retail is surviving. Even Costco has tumbleweed blowing through it.

The weather hasn't been great - lots of cloudiness, rain etc. I guess we're spoiled now having spent an extended period of time on island.

Having been to a couple of medical appointments, I made the decision to loudly announce that I'm, "FULLY VACCINATED!!" whenever entering offices. This typically gets a laugh but also a break in the discernible tension of the waiting rooms.

In all honesty, I'm not enjoying being back and look forward to returning to Aruba in the fall.
    2 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Well now you have a new countdown, only 57 days till fall!

0 0