This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Two weeks at Playa Linda May 20th- June 3rd

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks at Playa Linda May 20th- June 3rd

We are owners and just returned from two awesome weeks at Playa Linda, the resort looks great with work still ongoing. Week 20 we had our entire family with us in four units total, week 21 was just me and my wife. The staff at Playa Linda was exceptional as always from the front desk, the concierge, the beach guys, housekeeping, maintenance and of course all the bartenders. Beach was in great shape, the water was crystal clear with no muck or smell. Weather was great. Azzurro’s, the Lobby Bar, the Beach Bar, Carlito’s, Dushi Bagel, Chicken & Lobster, Smokey Joe’s, Petite Café and the convenience store were all excellent.
    However in my opinion Management and Guest Relations was a different story. My wife fell off the step/platform adjacent to the elevator in the garage which is at least 18” high and the railing only goes halfway across this platform/loading dock and she tore up her ankle pretty bad on Friday May 25th. After visits to minute clinic, urgent care and the hospital with diagnosis of grade 3 fracture we reported it to the front desk on Monday the 28th once again front desk staff couldn’t have been nicer…but Management not so great. First question was why didn’t you report it when it happened (my wife thought it just a bad sprain and toughed it out as long as she could). One of the female security guards comment was it is not broken she wouldn’t be able to walk on it if it was (no she isn’t a Dr.)We met with Pauline at Guest Relations, new office between Yvette’s office and the new luggage lock-up room (hard to know this with no signage on the door). The lack of concern/human compassion was disappointing from Management, no follow up phone call to ask how my wife was doing or anything close to caring about her well being. Our final encounter with guest relations was when she sent a security/loss prevention officer to our chickee, had my wife hobble up to the beach walkway for her to tell us upper management decided they would not compensate us for medical expenses (approx. $600.00 not counting visits when we got home). It wasn’t about the money our concerns were about the lack of interest/compassion from our management team…as long as they get their fees they don’t care…seriously disappointed. (condensed version). Oh almost forgot, I did speak to a board member and basically received the same response as we got from management.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

(putting the foot thing aside for a moment) i am glad that you folks had a good time.

sorry to read that your bride had an injury and that playa linda did not address it in the manner that you had hoped.

i have read of other accidents by guests at other resorts and never once have i read of a financial reimbursement.
    sometimes the resorts will send flowers or a gift certificate for dinner.

trip insurance would have reimbursed your out of pocket expenses for doctor visits, and medical testing.

sorry for your troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    We are owners and just returned from two awesome weeks at Playa Linda, the resort looks great with work still ongoing. Week 20 we had our entire family with us in four units total, week 21 was just me and my wife. The staff at Playa Linda was exceptional as always from the front desk, the concierge, the beach guys, housekeeping, maintenance and of course all the bartenders. Beach was in great shape, the water was crystal clear with no muck or smell. Weather was great. Azzurro’s, the Lobby Bar, the Beach Bar, Carlito’s, Dushi Bagel, Chicken & Lobster, Smokey Joe’s, Petite Café and the convenience store were all excellent.
    However in my opinion Management and Guest Relations was a different story. My wife fell off the step/platform adjacent to the elevator in the garage which is at least 18” high and the railing only goes halfway across this platform/loading dock and she tore up her ankle pretty bad on Friday May 25th. After visits to minute clinic, urgent care and the hospital with diagnosis of grade 3 fracture we reported it to the front desk on Monday the 28th once again front desk staff couldn’t have been nicer…but Management not so great. First question was why didn’t you report it when it happened (my wife thought it just a bad sprain and toughed it out as long as she could). One of the female security guards comment was it is not broken she wouldn’t be able to walk on it if it was (no she isn’t a Dr.)We met with Pauline at Guest Relations, new office between Yvette’s office and the new luggage lock-up room (hard to know this with no signage on the door). The lack of concern/human compassion was disappointing from Management, no follow up phone call to ask how my wife was doing or anything close to caring about her well being. Our final encounter with guest relations was when she sent a security/loss prevention officer to our chickee, had my wife hobble up to the beach walkway for her to tell us upper management decided they would not compensate us for medical expenses (approx. $600.00 not counting visits when we got home). It wasn’t about the money our concerns were about the lack of interest/compassion from our management team…as long as they get their fees they don’t care…seriously disappointed. (condensed version). Oh almost forgot, I did speak to a board member and basically received the same response as we got from management.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope she is feeling better now! Thanks for that trip insurance reminder. It's so important!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are not experts on insurance, but we have read several times on this forum that some people have submitted their medical bills from Aruba and have received some compensation from their own insurance company. Its worth a try.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you had a great time. Sorry about the accident. I hope she is healing fast and you can plan the next trip out.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing, hope your wife is feeling better.