This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam 2020!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're doing exactly what you wanted and needed to do. That's the whole point of a vacation. Enjoy your remaining days!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    When I read everyone’s reports and their adventures, mine seems well , boring.
    We are not much of an exploring couple.
    Years ago, maybe.
    Now it is mostly about the pool, ocean and food.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago, maybe.
    We are the same as you too.
    Lazy days at the beach/pool. Biggest excitement listening to Lou vocabulary going around the "turn about"
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the laziest of them all! On my first day, you can't get me to go to the pool, beach, happy hour, superfoods, nothing. I just want to unpack, relax on balcony, order a pizza and drink a few beers. Then a night cap and nighty nighty until the morning...I'm usually tired from the travel, early flight etc.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago, maybe.
    Sounds like us...EXACTLY!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The one thing we love about returning to Aruba...is the familiarity! We can relax and do nothing except pool, beach, eat, drink...repeat
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday was one of those lazy days. After breakfast at Dushi Bagels we made a quick run for groceries to last these last few days. Then we were at the pool till time to get cleaned up for dinner. We stopped by the I heart Aruba store and scored a few shirts for gifts and then met Andrea and Paul at Chihuahuas. We had good drink, food and conversation. Andrea gives Paul a lot of grief here on the forum (jokingly of course), but he is a really nice person that I truly enjoy talking with. After saying our goodbyes, and promising to meet up in May, we got back to Surf Club and... watched a movie. What you say? You guys haven't been to Moomba in three nights? It's true, we just aren't that interested in going out this trip. Everything is really different right now. Pam and I enjoy sitting at the bar and talking with the bartenders and other patrons and that just isn't possible with things the way they are. So we've been hanging in the room at night lately. I'm sure with only three nights left we will go out again, if only to say goodbye to our friends. Not sure what today will bring, it's nice we can lounge around the room in the morning and still get a great palapa or seats at the pool at 9, 10 or even 11:00 in the morning.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree with what you are saying, Walt. We enjoy the bar experience and right now it is just not the same. We found ourself enjoying more nights in too.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping by May we’ll be moving closer to normal. I’m sure the vacation vibe is different now but at least there is the beach, the sun and relaxation.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, when in May are you planning to go? I usually also go in May but around my birthday week May 20th..
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is often a bunch of is there early May including mothers day

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0