This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with your COVID tests. Hope all turns out well. Keep us posted. Enjoy your last day even though last days are sad. Safe travels and hope your flight is early tomorrow. Won’t be as bad at the airport for Saturday travel.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hope that your friend did not share with you 2.

enjoy your last full day and get those errands done, so you can drift in the sea of valium

maybe the sunset tonight will be good. fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    The sun did indeed shine yesterday, but no sunset, the clouds/dust hid the sun around 6:00. A late breakfast at Dushi Bagels then we sat on the beach and floated in the sea of valium. We got out of the water and went over to Flip Flop bar for a happy hour drink and got back in the water. We got out again around 5 and I commented how the sun was holding it's own, but it just couldn't fight the haze. Dinner was at Casa Tua and drinks at Moomba while we watched the Celtics game. It's day 28 and our last full day. We're up a little early this morning. We have three must do things before we get back on the beach and in the water: stop by Superfoods for 2 liters of papaya hot sauce, gas the car and get our covid tests. We found out yesterday a friend we spent a lot of time with tested positive and is in quarantine, they were supposed to fly out today. their quarantine accommodations are a 3 bed 2 bath AirBnB with a pool. I will get more information as I talk to him today.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with your tests today. We’re taking ours Sunday morning and I am a bit anxious. I opted for the PCR instead of the antigen because I THOUGHT that the antigen tests we’re ones that could give a false positive result. Now I’m second guessing myself and hope I did the right thing.
    ‘Fingers crossed everything turns out right for you and you’ll be able to travel home safely tomorrow!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard the opposite that you can get a false positive with PCR. But who knows. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    Good luck with your tests today. We’re taking ours Sunday morning and I am a bit anxious. I opted for the PCR instead of the antigen because I THOUGHT that the antigen tests we’re ones that could give a false positive result. Now I’m second guessing myself and hope I did the right thing.
    ‘Fingers crossed everything turns out right for you and you’ll be able to travel home safely tomorrow!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    She called Triple A at 1:00am and was told it would be an hour. Finally at 3:00 an airport security person stopped and helped them get the car started. Triple A called at 5:30 and said they were on the way. Such crappy service, they will be contacted when we return and told about it.
    We actually have AAA it the service is poor.
    All our cars has those mini car starters (chargers and air compressors) size of a cell phone and they do work.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the covid test!! Keep us posted
    Thank you so much for sharing, safe travels
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we survived our last full day. Covid tests were negative so we are going home today. Yesterday we ran out to Superfoods for papaya hot sauce and decided to have breakfast at Jack's Café. We both had eggs, bacon and hash browns, total cost 7 bucks and it was quick. Gassed up the car and were back at HI by 10:00. We had walked over to Paseo Herencia for our tests, but it was packed, so we did them at the hotel and were in and out in about 15 minutes. We floated in the ocean for a while and walked down to Waves for a lobster roll. We stopped by Flip Flop Bar and had a drink and said goodbye to friends there and got back in the water to float around some more. Dinner was at Perle D'Italia Pam had Pasta Alfredo and I had Pasta Amatriciana. Both meals were great and the service was spot on. Off to Moomba where we met Matt and had drinks with him and said goodbye to more friends. We are up and packing, check-out is at noon and we will be off to turn in the car and begin the travel adventure. I'll wrap up everything tomorrow.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels! So glad your tests were negative!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy your tests were negative. Was concerned after you mentioned your friend who you spent a lot of time with tested positive! Safe travels and pack your patience for the airport adventure!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Negative tests- YAYYYY!!!
    Safe travels home. Let us know how the dreaded Saturday departure goes at the airport.
    0 0