This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Walt and Pam 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We made it home. We returned the car to Royal and got to the airport around 1:30. There was no line at American priority check-in, we got through the airport, I got my Global Entry interview, and we were in the VIP lounge in about an hour or so. We had 5 gate changes during our wait, a plane full of people shifting from one gate to another, back and forth, through the concourse. It was comical. But they finally decided gate 6 was where we would get on the plane. Gotta love that huge airport in Aruba, it was typical, including everything in the airport closing around 4:30. We left Aruba around 6 PM on our 4:45 flight and landed in Miami and got to the gate at 9:02, our flight home left at 9:16. Amazingly, we made the flight. I ran through the airport and got to the gate, out of breath and stalled around the gate until Pam caught up. The gated agent asked if we were coming from Aruba, I gasped yes we were and they opened the jetway door for us to board. We collapsed in our seats and the jet backed away from the gate. We arrived at our home airport just before midnight. Our bags didn't make it and I'm still waiting on them to be delivered, they are on their way, at least according to the call center. We'll see. So our month ended with some challenges getting home, but we made it. A month was a long time, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and decided maybe we would spend less time in the future. Thanks for following along!
    I've come to accept that travel day to and from Aruba is what it is. It can be uneventful or a real PIA. We are all at the mercy of the weather, the airlines and whatever else falls our way. Not much use in complaining, hard to find someone that cares. Not much use in stressing over it, as tomorrow is another day. That being said, I still find time to dread it...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    well said Steve!
    those travels days should not even be called "day"

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I've come to accept that travel day to and from Aruba is what it is. It can be uneventful or a real PIA. We are all at the mercy of the weather, the airlines and whatever else falls our way. Not much use in complaining, hard to find someone that cares. Not much use in stressing over it, as tomorrow is another day. That being said, I still find time to dread it...
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am finally catching up on all the trip reports. Your trip was wonderful and I loved reading all of it. Thanks so much!

BTW-we have had similar issues with AAA and American.

0 0