This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    HI is a great value- glad you are both enjoying your trip so far. Its even 24 hours since leaving and I am enjoying NOTHING but seeing my dogs, lol.
    Just finished trip 36 and have trip 37 Booked.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was another beach day and seemed like old home week. After breakfast at Chicken and Lobster, I had the breakfast of champions, we sat up our palapa. Later we walked down to Playa Linda and saw Kim and Darrin and talked with them for a while. Back at the palapa one of our friends from Boston walked by on the beach and we talked with him. Later we walked over to Flip Flop bar at Surf Club and saw our long-time friend Jenard. For dinner we had some apps at North End then wandered over to Moomba and ran into the guys from Rotterdam and sat with them and talked. Decorations were going up for King's Night/Day and the Dutch people are getting excited. We didn't know about King's Night being a thing but our friends from Holland clued us in. It's kinda cloudy this morning as it has been for the past few days but we'll still be on the beach.
    1 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Yesterday was another beach day and seemed like old home week. After breakfast at Chicken and Lobster, I had the breakfast of champions, we sat up our palapa. Later we walked down to Playa Linda and saw Kim and Darrin and talked with them for a while. Back at the palapa one of our friends from Boston walked by on the beach and we talked with him. Later we walked over to Flip Flop bar at Surf Club and saw our long-time friend Jenard. For dinner we had some apps at North End then wandered over to Moomba and ran into the guys from Rotterdam and sat with them and talked. Decorations were going up for King's Night/Day and the Dutch people are getting excited. We didn't know about King's Night being a thing but our friends from Holland clued us in. It's kinda cloudy this morning as it has been for the past few days but we'll still be on the beach.
    A cloudy day in Aruba is still a great day, especially if you want to tan slowly. Yes, I know you still have to watch those overcast days. How was the North End? We saw it last month but didn’t get a chance to try it. Love reading your trip reports and feel we’re there with you. Enjoy!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday to Pam, from one Pam to another! Your trip sounds great so far and love hearing about all the food and the places you go.
    We are newbies to Aruba so it's good to hear reviews from the experienced Island lovers .
    Thank You for sharing your days with us.
    I am also hoping to spend my Birthday in Aruba this December.
    Pam + Tim
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    In 20 years of visiting Aruba this is the first I’ve ever heard of King’s Night. I look forward to reading about it! Keep enjoying your wonderful trip!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday Pam!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    In 20 years of visiting Aruba this is the first I’ve ever heard of King’s Night. I look forward to reading about it! Keep enjoying your wonderful trip!
    I've never heard of it either, apparently this is something that is widely celebrated in Holland but not so much in Aruba.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it always King's Day? When the king's mother Queen Beatrix was on the throne, was it called Queen's Day and on her birthday?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was another cloudy day with occasional rain spitting here and there. In spite of that we were on the beach all day. We walked down to Bugaloe around noon for a drink and wound up splitting a goat cheese sandwich. We stopped and talked with Kim and Darrin for a while, made plans to meet for dinner and walked back to HI. About the time we got to Pelican Nest it started raining. Nothing crazy, but enough to be aggrivating. We sat under the palapa for a couple more hours and headed back up to the room. Since it is Taco Tuesday, we had decided to meet at Lola for dinner. After about an hour and a half wait we were seated and placed our orders. The food was really good and the service was okay. While we were waiting we had a couple of drinks at Fat Tuesday. That and the pitcher of margaritas at Lola was enough, so no Moomba tonight. Tomorrow is King's Day and we will be celebrating with everyone else. If any of you have connections, can you get the rain to go away? This is the longest period of clouds and rain we've ever experienced and the chance of rain Thursday is 80%.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Is it always King's Day? When the king's mother Queen Beatrix was on the throne, was it called Queen's Day and on her birthday?
    When Queen Beatrix turned the throne over to her son Willem and he became King, it became King's Day on his birthday April 27th. It was Queens Day on her birthday April 30th. Pam's birthday is on Queens Day.
    0 0