This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 200

Thread: Walt and Pam in Aruba 2021

  1. #101
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it was a private beach for you!!!

    I love that spot.


    enjoy.
    We can't thank you enough for turning us on to Reflexions.
    Last edited by WaltVB; 05-05-2021 at 05:13 PM.

    1 1
     

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you liked Reflexions. Glad to share my 'happy place' with you but....shhhh!
    0 1
     

  3. #103
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Glad you liked Reflexions. Glad to share my 'happy place' with you but....shhhh!
    Yeah, I know. The waiter told us not to leave anything on Trip Advisor and I told him there was no way I was sharing. Plus I take everything on T/A with a huge grain of salt. Most posts are as unreliable as a printed newspaper. Seems like it's just a place to whine and moan about things... if something has a crappy review on T/A it's the first place I go to check out.

    0 0
     

  4. #104
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree!

    TA is sometimes like the wild Wild West.
    There is much ugliness, MUCH bragging, and really much disrespect on "some" of the TA forums.
    I visit the Aruba Forum on TA and most of the time it is ok, but every now and again it gets ugly and ridiculous.

    I do review places there, and I am honest.

    I do not like it when wait staff and other proprietors beg folks to leave positive reviews.
    If they ask, I automatically make a review and start out saying.............."the waiter/ess, asked me to post a positive review"

    There are some that get freebies for their positive reviews and posting positive things on other social media platforms.
    I find that unacceptable too.

    Time to get back to packing.


    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Yeah, I know. The waiter told us not to leave anything on Trip Advisor and I told him there was no way I was sharing. Plus I take everything on T/A with a huge grain of salt. Most posts are as unreliable as a printed newspaper. Seems like it's just a place to whine and moan about things... if something has a crappy review on T/A it's the first place I go to check out.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 1
     

  5. #105
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Day 13. Once again we sat in and by the lazy river. For lunch we went to Waves at the Marriott Stellaris. Pam had a chicken sandwich and I had the lobster roll. Both were very good and service and the view spectacular. After a quick loss at bingo we got back in the river. I was floating along fat, dumb and happy and then my float developed a catastrophic leak, like full to no air in seconds. We got out of the river and went to Carlito's for a happy hour drink to honor the loss of a fine watercraft (https://www.poolcandy.net/collection...silver-glitter). We had met a couple from Florida earlier in the trip and the 5th was his birthday. So we all went to Chihuahua's for Cinco de Mayo and Steve's birthday. The place was mobbed, the staff was not prepared for the crush of diners. We waited over an hour for our meals to arrive. Good thing they serve a good margarita. The food finally arrived and everyone was satisfied with their choices which included steak fajitas, steak burrito, tostadas and a shrimp dish. Management came by and apologized for the delay and took all of our drinks off the tab. A nice thing to do and we will continue to visit Chihuahua's in the future. In spite of the crowd there was good separation between the tables. Our new friends also have Dutch godchildren on the island and we went to Moomba to see them and have a nightcap. Back to the room well before curfew and talked about today's plans which will include laundry and beginning to pack for our move tomorrow.

    0 1
     

  6. #106
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your reports. I so miss being there.






    0 0
     

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Day 13. Once again we sat in and by the lazy river. For lunch we went to Waves at the Marriott Stellaris. Pam had a chicken sandwich and I had the lobster roll. Both were very good and service and the view spectacular. After a quick loss at bingo we got back in the river. I was floating along fat, dumb and happy and then my float developed a catastrophic leak, like full to no air in seconds. We got out of the river and went to Carlito's for a happy hour drink to honor the loss of a fine watercraft (https://www.poolcandy.net/collection...silver-glitter). We had met a couple from Florida earlier in the trip and the 5th was his birthday. So we all went to Chihuahua's for Cinco de Mayo and Steve's birthday. The place was mobbed, the staff was not prepared for the crush of diners. We waited over an hour for our meals to arrive. Good thing they serve a good margarita. The food finally arrived and everyone was satisfied with their choices which included steak fajitas, steak burrito, tostadas and a shrimp dish. Management came by and apologized for the delay and took all of our drinks off the tab. A nice thing to do and we will continue to visit Chihuahua's in the future. In spite of the crowd there was good separation between the tables. Our new friends also have Dutch godchildren on the island and we went to Moomba to see them and have a nightcap. Back to the room well before curfew and talked about today's plans which will include laundry and beginning to pack for our move tomorrow.
    Hi Walt, your trip reports are wonderful! We go to Waves almost every day for lunch since we stay at The Marriott Resort; love it and the view. Excited to hear they now have lobster rolls! My new favorite but not as fond as Caribbean lobster. Lol. Enjoy....Colette
    0 0
     

  8. #108
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    then my float developed a catastrophic leak
    Did Kate Winslet float by on a door...?
    0 2
     

  9. #109
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Did Kate Winslet float by on a door...?
    Not sure, too busy trying to abandon ship...

    0 1
     

  10. #110
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack! Jack! Blow the damn whistle!
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Did Kate Winslet float by on a door...?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •