This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam in Aruba 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday Pam!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 8. "Queen's" day is in the books and it was a very laid back and relaxing day until a logistical issue came up. When we originally made our rsvp's we booked a two bedroom at Surf Club for the second week. We had friends that were going to join us but they cancelled. So we didn't really need the second bedroom and it was a good thing as there was no record of us having a second bedroom reserved. So after Pam was on the phone for over an hour and with no resolution she gave up... for then. I just stayed quiet and kept my head down. By now it was too late to go anywhere nice for a birthday dinner, so she decided just to go to Moomba for a pizza and some cocktails. We will celebrate with a nice dinner at a later date. Earlier in the day we had breakfast at Dushi Bagels, had leftovers for lunch and sat by the lazy river and played bingo. After bingo our favorite bartender (Jenard) and our favorite server (Lucile) sang Happy Birthday to Pam by the pool. We've decided that we will probably do the pool for most of this week since when we move over to Holiday Inn we will have a palapa and be on the beach our last 10 days.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read all of those words and saw what good husbands do best (if they know what is good for them). "I just stayed quiet and kept my head down."

Enjoy today and thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Day 8. "Queen's" day is in the books and it was a very laid back and relaxing day until a logistical issue came up. When we originally made our rsvp's we booked a two bedroom at Surf Club for the second week. We had friends that were going to join us but they cancelled. So we didn't really need the second bedroom and it was a good thing as there was no record of us having a second bedroom reserved. So after Pam was on the phone for over an hour and with no resolution she gave up... for then. I just stayed quiet and kept my head down. By now it was too late to go anywhere nice for a birthday dinner, so she decided just to go to Moomba for a pizza and some cocktails. We will celebrate with a nice dinner at a later date. Earlier in the day we had breakfast at Dushi Bagels, had leftovers for lunch and sat by the lazy river and played bingo. After bingo our favorite bartender (Jenard) and our favorite server (Lucile) sang Happy Birthday to Pam by the pool. We've decided that we will probably do the pool for most of this week since when we move over to Holiday Inn we will have a palapa and be on the beach our last 10 days.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy belated birthday to Queen Pam! (sorry I'm late on all these congratulations; been at work all day)
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 9. With the room incident put on hold till we get home, we proceeded to get on with another relaxing day. Breakfast in the room, a lunch of leftovers, lazy river and bingo. We got cleaned up and went to Tandoor for Pam's birthday dinner. We love Indian food and were not disappointed. I had Chana Masala and Pam had the vegetable Korma. The food was perfect with great service. Stopped by Moomba as is customary for a few and called it a night. Only 6 days till we move over to Holiday Inn. The reports will be much more boring once we are there, thanks for following along.

0 3

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you two are having a nice trip! Thank you for sharing

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 10. We usually eat breakfast in the room at Surf Club. Pam makes a breakfast sandwich with egg, gouda and bacon on an English muffin or bagel that is top notch. Add a little papaya hot sauce and it's the best on the island. So after breakfast we tried to go to the store but forgot it was Sunday. We got to Do It center and they didn't open till 10:00AM so we shot down to Superfood but the line was stretched around the back of the building. Deciding there was nothing we needed so bad we'd wait that a ridiculous line, we headed back to the lazy river. We had lunch by the pool, splitting an order of chicken tenders and fries, and got ready for bingo. After donating a few bucks to the jackpot we wandered down the beach. Stopped by the Juggling Fish, but they were closed then wandered back to Moomba for a drink. Got back to the room and decided that indeed there were a couple of things we needed from the store so we made a speed run to Do It center. Got everything on the list and headed back to Surf Cub. Got to the intersection of Irausquin and LG Smith and there was a wreck. As we slowly approached, Pam says "that looks like Matt" and sure enough it was him standing out by his new VW. We texted him later and he was okay, but his new car was damaged. After a dinner of leftovers, we headed over to Moomba. As we were walking across the sand, I heard someone call my name. It was friends of ours that hang out at the crab shack back home. We knew we were both going to be on the island at the same time, but hadn't seen each other yet. They were finishing dinner at Moomba so we sat and talked to them for a while. A couple of drinks and back to the room before curfew.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Those random run-ins are incredible. The opposite is also true: we were stunned to learn that a friend of ours here has an ex-husband on the island that she hasn't run into in ten years!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    And they say it's a small world...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We love the Tandoor restaurant - always 10 out of 10, no reservations needed, and service always good.
    0 0