This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WaltVB... Back again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so ready for Walts report especially the good eats! Will it be Alfies for burger or local store, Moomba? We shall see..

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am guessing ALL 3!

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I'm so ready for Walts report especially the good eats! Will it be Alfies for burger or local store, Moomba? We shall see..

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy day one and have a drink- or 5 for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So lucky! We are still 2 weeks out....
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Walt there yet? Let the trip report begin!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Looking forward to your reports! We were just saying today how we need to get back to the Surf Club on one of these trips. I know it's a topic.that gets beat to death but I am interested on your views of the palapa situation at the Holiday Inn and the Surf.Club. I have to say, I like the look of the open waters edge but Holiday Inn palapas look way too close together for our liking.
    The palapas at the Holiday Inn are literally touching each other and are either three or four rows deep starting right at the boardwalk. It has definitely opened up the whole beach area. Lots of seating now under the trees that was all buried within the old palapa locations.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, we've made it! We had great traffic to the airport, nice flights with on time departures and early arrivals. Our friends that are staying with us the first week landed before us and made it all the way to West Deck before pulling over and waiting for us. We checked in and put our stuff in the room before making a speed run to Superfoods. We're checked in with a room in a tower we've never stayed in before with a beautiful view of the complex, pool, lazy river, Nos Clubhuis, a lot of Palm Beach and ocean... and a view of sunset we think, we were at Superfoods when the sun set. Can't complain about that. For the first dinner we had a Marriott quatro fromaggio pizza and in true fashion wound up the night at Moomba. Our friend (and a lot of you know him) Matt (of Black Pearl fame) is now the bar manager at Moomba. How cool is that? He is helping with the big surprise tomorrow. All in all, Aruba is still here, as beautiful as ever, the weather is great and we're ready for the vacay to begin.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad you arrived safe and sound and got your grocery shopping accomplished and are now ready for vacation to really set in!
    enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Okay, we've made it! We had great traffic to the airport, nice flights with on time departures and early arrivals. Our friends that are staying with us the first week landed before us and made it all the way to West Deck before pulling over and waiting for us. We checked in and put our stuff in the room before making a speed run to Superfoods. We're checked in with a room in a tower we've never stayed in before with a beautiful view of the complex, pool, lazy river, Nos Clubhuis, a lot of Palm Beach and ocean... and a view of sunset we think, we were at Superfoods when the sun set. Can't complain about that. For the first dinner we had a Marriott quatro fromaggio pizza and in true fashion wound up the night at Moomba. Our friend (and a lot of you know him) Matt (of Black Pearl fame) is now the bar manager at Moomba. How cool is that? He is helping with the big surprise tomorrow. All in all, Aruba is still here, as beautiful as ever, the weather is great and we're ready for the vacay to begin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you made it safe!

I saw Mat bartending at Moomba in December after my black pearl trip. He looked kind of tired but good for him on being Manager. He's a nice guy! He called me a cab but it never came. Hard to get a cab in that area. I walked to the Holiday Inn to get a cab per Tracy' tip.

0 2