This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: We are here!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    We are here!

    After months of planning, decision making, and lists...we are finally in Aruba for the first time. We are settling in and did some grocery shopping yesterday. We had lunch at a place called Red Fish. Our toddler is still recovering from the travel day but is loving exploring the new place. We are cleared to stay for 30 days and will go to immigration tomorrow to see about getting clearance for the rest. Thank you all for assisting with my questions!

    Any restaurant recommendations are always welcome, as I typically travel for food
    0 4
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got here yesterday for our second trip. Have a WONDERFUL time!!! I am jealous of your 30 day stay!

    As for food, ill leave that to others here on the forum. We have a fondness for Local Store, but plan to try some other places this trip that we did not before (Alfies, Saco di Felipe and some other smaller places). We tried a lot of the more upscale places last trip, but are trying to watch the budget a little closer this time. Lol.

    Let us know what you find!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

    Hubby's pictures from our Oct 2020 trip:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BH?usp=sharing


    0 2
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    enjoy and please if you can, post here in this thread when you are able!

    visit the culinary section for some dining ideas.

    have fun and thanks for checking in.

    where are you staying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awest View Post
    After months of planning, decision making, and lists...we are finally in Aruba for the first time. We are settling in and did some grocery shopping yesterday. We had lunch at a place called Red Fish. Our toddler is still recovering from the travel day but is loving exploring the new place. We are cleared to stay for 30 days and will go to immigration tomorrow to see about getting clearance for the rest. Thank you all for assisting with my questions!

    Any restaurant recommendations are always welcome, as I typically travel for food
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please share place and experience.
    Planning to go back Nov 2021
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!

  6. #6
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red Fish is one of my favorites. I also like Pika’s Corner, Bohemian, Zeerovers, West Deck, Bugaloe, Wilhemina (upscale), the Chophouse at Manchebo, Salt and Pepper, Dushi Bagels and Burgers, the Pastechi house downtown for light fare...I’m sure I’m forgetting something.


    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are staying in Terra del Sol. We rented a car to get around for now. My husband is doing most of the driving so far. I haven't quite mastered all the round abouts.
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always love visiting a place a second time because it feels familiar. I hope you find wonderful places to eat and see!


    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    We got here yesterday for our second trip. Have a WONDERFUL time!!! I am jealous of your 30 day stay!

    As for food, ill leave that to others here on the forum. We have a fondness for Local Store, but plan to try some other places this trip that we did not before (Alfies, Saco di Felipe and some other smaller places). We tried a lot of the more upscale places last trip, but are trying to watch the budget a little closer this time. Lol.

    Let us know what you find!!
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have spent the week getting settled and adjusted. We made it Zeerovers and it was amazing! My son loved watching them feed the fish too. We went to Baby Beach yesterday and loved it. My son hates waves so the calm waters were perfect for him. He ran right to it. Thanks for recommending that one! My husband and a friend had lunch today at a place called The Grand Fish. He said service and food were really good. The mosquitoes are eating me alive! International mosquitoes love me.

    We haven't made it to a casino yet but plan on it soon. Are they smoking or non smoking? Do they have craps tables?
    0 2
     

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that you are having fun.

    sorry about the biting bugs.

    all casinos NON smoking now....since MidSummer
    Yes to Craps at some...Alhambra, and Marriott for certain.
    The others, I am unsure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Awest View Post
    We have spent the week getting settled and adjusted. We made it Zeerovers and it was amazing! My son loved watching them feed the fish too. We went to Baby Beach yesterday and loved it. My son hates waves so the calm waters were perfect for him. He ran right to it. Thanks for recommending that one! My husband and a friend had lunch today at a place called The Grand Fish. He said service and food were really good. The mosquitoes are eating me alive! International mosquitoes love me.

    We haven't made it to a casino yet but plan on it soon. Are they smoking or non smoking? Do they have craps tables?
    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •