This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bucuti’s umbrella reservation system

Post Thanks / Like

Bucuti’s umbrella reservation system

There has been a discussion on TA regarding their new umbrella/shade reservation system. Bucuti’s owner, Mr Biemens, took part in the discussions and explained the new system. Evidently there have been complaints of people getting up early and saving an umbrella and guests were not happy. So, they will be introducing an electronic system where guests will be able to reserve their umbrella the day before. The system will have a map of all the umbrellas and they will be numbered. When reserving, the guest’s room number will show that the umbrella is taken.

I personally wouldn’t like having to reserve the day before but since I don’t see us staying there again, it really is a nonissue for us.

My post is just to give people a heads up
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that they have a map to pick it out though. Great idea!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    am I correct in understanding that there are no "fixed" palapas on the beach at the Bucuti?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    am I correct in understanding that there are no "fixed" palapas on the beach at the Bucuti?
    Correct. All umbrellas. It has been like that for quite a few years now since the last time the Gov't wanted to lay down the law on palapa use for all. I always thought it was a smart move on their part for the resort and their guests.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 03-05-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

1 0