This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Inn

Junior Member Mark from Rhode Island's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Inn

Hi everyone!

My wife and I have been to Aruba four times and have stayed at three Palm Beach hotels...

2002 Holiday Inn
    2004 Holiday Inn
    2005 Wyndham (now the Rui Antilles)
    2016 Hilton

We are thinking about returning this year (April/May) and are considering the Holiday Inn Aruba again. The rates are reasonable and we're trying to stay within a budget. We also LOVE the location on Palm Beach. Everything is right there. And we love the beach grounds. Based on what I see online and a "walk thru" my wife and I did in 2016, it looks like there have been a lot of renovations over 15-years. Would love to get some impressions from you kind folks who have stayed there recently. Have the rooms in all three towers been renovated?

I've been on all the travel sites and have read a zillion reviews. However, I consider you folks here as the experts. I posted questions here in 2016 and was appreciative of the responses I received.

Thanks!
    Mark from Rhode Island
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    While we haven’t stayed there I know there are a few on this site who have. As far as I recall, they gave good reviews. I’m sure others with experience will post.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I stayed for a night last year and the room I was in was just fine. I don't recall the name of the tower but I would certainly stay there again because of the rates and location.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've spent a week or so at the Holiday Inn every year for awhile now. I have status with them and always get a room in the Sea Tower (closest to Moomba). The rooms are very nice and provide the basics for a stay on the beach. Platinum status also gets you a free reserved palapa every day. We will be there sometime this April/May also.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Walt! That's great information and good to hear. Appreciate it. How did/do you get status with them?? Frequent customer? Also, 15-years ago, the towers were named Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. The Curacao tower was farthest from the lobby, towards the Marriott. I'm assuming they renamed the towers and the Sea Tower was formally the Curacao tower?
    Thanks much!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stayed a couple nights over the last 3 years before we've checked into our timeshare and have been assigned the middle tower and the one farthest away from Moomba. I really don't have any complaints. The beds and linens are very comfortable it's always been clean and the showers are up-to-date walk in showers in the rooms we've been in. You cant beat the location. One thing we did notice this year when checking in is that most people did not get the original Room configuration they were requesting meaning they requested 1 bed and ended up with 2 or requested 2 beds and ended up with 1. And happened to us and the 2 other couples that were checking in at the same time is us. For us it's really not a big deal we can deal with it either way so we just go with it. But I would say if this is important to you you may want to call ahead a couple days to make sure that you get the configuration you need.
    Always planning our next trip
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I also want to add that it is best to book through the hotel directly. They assign the worst rooms to the 3rd party booking sites
    Always planning our next trip
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much! Very good info. My wife and I will be booking this weekend. Very excited.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just re-checked rates for a night in February if we wanted to extend our stay 1 night. After you hit book it on Web-Site if you are not a member and choose "fexible" so its not non-refundable ... The room price for a STD Room ! bed 2 people No ocean view is $446.53. We are thinking thats not so cheap.
    Sean ans Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...that is pricey. The dates I'm looking at...end of April...are at $160.
    0 0