This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Marriott/Bonvoy Gift Cards?

Post Thanks / Like

Marriott/Bonvoy Gift Cards?

Hi All,

My parents are retired, and are thinking about a trip to Aruba next October/November (I think we've convinced them, since we like it so much). Due to a variety of circumstances, I think they are leaning towards staying at the Renaissance. They've been INCREDIBLY generous to us, and currently, my dad is helping us with a huge home improvement project. My husband has said he'd like to do something "REALLY EXTRAVAGANT" for them, once the project is done. We were thinking to either buy their plane tickets, or give them a significant Marriott Gift Card to pay for the hotel. I know that for many restaurant chains that have locations in Aruba, you cannot use gift cards (Texas de Brazil, Starbucks, etc). Does anyone know if they could use a Marriott gift card to pay for their stay at the Ren?

I do also plan on reaching out to the property, but thought some of you super smart folks might know.....

Thanks

-Debbie
    ~Debbie
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is a very nice gift!
    check directly with Renaissance manager.

Quote Originally Posted by EveryAugust View Post
    Hi All,

My parents are retired, and are thinking about a trip to Aruba next October/November (I think we've convinced them, since we like it so much). Due to a variety of circumstances, I think they are leaning towards staying at the Renaissance. They've been INCREDIBLY generous to us, and currently, my dad is helping us with a huge home improvement project. My husband has said he'd like to do something "REALLY EXTRAVAGANT" for them, once the project is done. We were thinking to either buy their plane tickets, or give them a significant Marriott Gift Card to pay for the hotel. I know that for many restaurant chains that have locations in Aruba, you cannot use gift cards (Texas de Brazil, Starbucks, etc). Does anyone know if they could use a Marriott gift card to pay for their stay at the Ren?

I do also plan on reaching out to the property, but thought some of you super smart folks might know.....

Thanks

-Debbie
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are planning on them using the gift card for the room, have them make the rsvps in advance online and use the gift card in advance of getting there.

0 0