This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Marriott Stellaris Palapa Reservations ONLINE

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Marriott Stellaris Palapa Reservations ONLINE

Marriott Stellaris Palapa Reservations

Marriott Stellaris Palapa Reservations ONLINE-45505819665_774503d905_b-jpgMarriott Stellaris Palapa Reservations ONLINE-32546358198_83744bed68_b-jpg

A reminder.
    All beaches (Except Depalm Island and Renaissance Island) are PUBLIC.
    ANYBODY can pull up their own chair to an unoccupied fixed palapa on any public beach.
    By "fixed palapa" I mean it is a palapa that remains on the beach in place day and night.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question. I have seen on Eagle Beach, etc, fixed palapas that have numbers on them. what does that mean. can you or can't you use them.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the resorts sometimes number them for identification purposes.

anyone at anytime can use an unoccupied fixed palapa on a public beach....however one cannot use the furniture that the resorts provide for their guests.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I have a question. I have seen on Eagle Beach, etc, fixed palapas that have numbers on them. what does that mean. can you or can't you use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, don’t some of the resorts lease a portion of the beach for their guests? Vaguely remember reading something about that. Also, Manchebo had signs on their palapas that said they were for resort guests only. It’s kind of confusing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    How do the hotels give numbered palapa reservations for the following day without knowing if some random person might be sitting there? I’m still totally confused.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is all very confusing and the government is supposed to be rectifying this and making the policies clear.
    right now it is as clear as mud.

the resorts are the ones that maintain the palapas at their section of beach.

I have not heard of the resorts doing any leasing.

there is nothing to prevent you or I to sit under one of those palapas with our own beach chair.

this whole situation is very very touchy-confusing-unclear-vague.

I do know that I would NOT to be the one to test the policy.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was told if you sit at a palapa with a #, the security guards for that hotel will make you get up and leave it. Even on Eagle Beach, which the hotels are across the street, they have the security guards on the beach making sure you are a hotel guest in order to use the palapas. So I guess they can get away with it since the gov't doesn't have any clear lines. So the bottomline is the palapas by the hotel are NOT free to use. If this was the USA, we would file a class action suit against the hotels, lol.

All I know is I get to the beach at Arashi at 7 and claim my palapa but we are back by 8 (after our walk) and on the beach until about 4.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, unless you want to start a fight on the beach, you are going to get kicked off. That is why i like arashi. The ritz is smart, they have regular umbrellas that they own and can take down. No issues

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup
    Bucuti and a few others too have the "non fixed" shade (umbrellas?)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Well, unless you want to start a fight on the beach, you are going to get kicked off. That is why i like arashi. The ritz is smart, they have regular umbrellas that they own and can take down. No issues