This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: New attraction for Renaissance Island

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    New attraction for Renaissance Island

    https://www.facebook.com/Renaissance...type=3&theater
    New attraction for Renaissance Island-48078922_10156928616462138_8195859625921216512_n-jpg

    Coming to Renaissance Island in 2019

    I cannot wait to read your responses.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this tweet yesterday. My first reaction was I don’t think I would want to stay overnight on the island. They didn’t really have much info about the experience and from the photo it looks like the intent is to sleep out over the water. I would fear the mosquitos during the evening but I think it would be kind of cool as a lounger during the day.
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    uggh, I never thought of the insects (mosquitos)

    what I thought of : crabs walking from the walks onto the dock and into the bed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I saw this tweet yesterday. My first reaction was I don’t think I would want to stay overnight on the island. They didn’t really have much info about the experience and from the photo it looks like the intent is to sleep out over the water. I would fear the mosquitos during the evening but I think it would be kind of cool as a lounger during the day.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    uggh, I never thought of the insects (mosquitos)

    what I thought of : crabs walking from the walks onto the dock and into the bed.
    Yuk!! I forgot about all the crabs even though I took a bunch of photos of them last trip. I’m probably in the minority but I preferred the island prior to the arrival of the cabanas. Keep it simple
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree peg!
    the new owner of the Renaissance, Windcreek Hospitality, has now owned the Aruba properties for more than a year and many improvements/upgrades have happened since Windcreek took over.
    not all of those improvements/upgrades have been well received.

    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300539321.html


    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Yuk!! I forgot about all the crabs even though I took a bunch of photos of them last trip. I’m probably in the minority but I preferred the island prior to the arrival of the cabanas. Keep it simple

  6. #6
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rolling over must be fun. Jet engines from the airport. Then there are the iguanas and flamingos. I would not want to wake up with an iguana in bed with me.




    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first thought was about the bugs, but I didn't even think of the iguanas! I think it would be a once in a lifetime experience, but definitely not a good night's sleep.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member purpleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    62
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a great idea, but agree with the others about all kinds of critters. My worry would be a rogue wave crashing into me. AND, with my naughty mind, what happens when the romance gets turned up? Will you be putting on a show, or is this a secluded location?
    Darlene
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had one try to share my lounge chair with me the first time we were there. I didn't know I could move so fast or make my family laugh so hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    My first thought was about the bugs, but I didn't even think of the iguanas! I think it would be a once in a lifetime experience, but definitely not a good night's sleep.




    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    [ AND, with my naughty mind, what happens when the romance gets turned up? Will you be putting on a show, or is this a secluded location? [/QUOTE]

    like




    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •