This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance Hotel Pool Party??!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Renaissance Hotel Pool Party??!!!!!

So I just saw a tweet that there is a pool party at the Renaissance Marina pool tomorrow at 2:00. Open to hotel guests and those with Island Take Over VIP passes. If I was staying there I would not be pleased!! Not sure what others think but if I want a massive pool party I would be headed to Vegas not Aruba. We’re booked at Ocean Suites at the end of our vacation and I would assume they would never hold anything like this on the family side but if it were to happen I would never stay there again.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last time that we stayed at the Ocean Suites, (maybe 4 or 5 yrs ago) we got a note under our door from management 2x.......
    Once telling us we could not use the island in the morning due to a planned promotional event (we found out it was a photo shoot)
    and
    The same visit, another note under our door telling us that there was an event planned at the Marina Tower pool and that we should expect guests of the Marina tower to be over at the Ocean Suites on a particular afternoon due to their pool being used for an event.

I remember feeling annoyed about the Island being closed on the morning that we planned on being there and the other thing we did not notice any increase in guests around the pools.

The pool parties at the Marina Tower are LOUD!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It probably wouldn’t bother me too much if the island was closed but certainly feel it would be an irritant for some. I tweeted a reply saying I wouldn’t be pleased with that kind of event if I were staying there. I could be wrong, of course, but I don’t think most people expect a Vegas style party pool in Aruba.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My friends are starting their 2nd week there today, will have to ask when they return how it went.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    My friends are starting their 2nd week there today, will have to ask when they return how it went.
    I’ll be curious what they think. Also, I wonder if the Renaissance gives their guests a heads up prior to their stay.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’ll be curious what they think. Also, I wonder if the Renaissance gives their guests a heads up prior to their stay.
    I'll ask, they are timeshare owners for 30 plus years at Renn

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be beyond mad and something like this could prevent me from ever staying there. I was thinking about extending a trip on points and staying downtown for a few nights. I will be honest if that happened when I was there it would anger me and ruin my experience. If a giant pool party happened when I was expecting relaxation someone would be on the other end of my unhappiness, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pool party at the Ren happens every year and is part of the yearly island take over festival. You buy VIP(or weekend pass, don't remember) and get access to the pool party and the concert itself. If I was a tourist i'de also be upset. However, as far as I know, they don't have much issues with guests. Otherwise you'd imagine the hotel would stop giving them permission to organize it there.
    Last edited by Arawak; 11-02-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    The pool party at the Ren happens every year and is part of the yearly island take over festival. You buy VIP(or weekend pass, don't remember) and get access to the pool party and the concert itself. If I was a tourist i'de also be upset. However, as far as I know, they don't have much issues with guests. Otherwise you'd imagine the hotel would stop giving them permission to organize it there.
    Thank you for the additional detail as I didn’t realize it was part of a festival. For me, I prefer quiet time over a party atmosphere so hopefully they let guests know that this will be happening when making the reservation. That way you have a choice and no surprises.

0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen on the Rennaisance facebook page a few times where corporations have booked blocks of rooms at the Marina, and then held parties at the lagoon and pool at Ocean Suites. This has never happened when we've stayed there, but I would definitely be ticked. I've been on the island a few times when they've encouraged everyone to leave around 4pm, to set up for a wedding. However, they've constructed a new wedding beach, and that's not supposed to be an issue anymore.

1 1