This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smell at Amsterdam Manor

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels! Have a wonderful vacation!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! Have a safe trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Andrea, Walt & Peg, I appreciate your kind wishes!

Well, I'm here in Amsterdam Manor (yay!) after a very long day of traveling and...there was definitely an unpleasant smell, unfortunately. Hopefully, this will fade in the days ahead. I am wondering if Aruba's septic system is overwhelmed with all the visitors.

But, I like the size of Amsterdam Manor as I am traveling by myself. I feel far safer here than at a massive resort. And I am adoring the jacuzzi tub in my room. So, I will just live with the smell. I am going to post an ongoing trip report in another part of the forum where that sort of thing is done (sorry, so tired...can't think of the name of the thread). Thank you all for being so warm and welcoming and helpful. I really appreciate it.

Best,
    Andrea
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I still am getting the hang of this board. I tried to "like" everyone's post - because I really appreciate the time and thought you put into responding, but nothing registered. Maybe I have to log in every time. But know that I *do* appreciate everyone's advice!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like vacation is off to a great start, Andrea (except for the smell)!! When not in Aruba, we live for trip reports. There is a box you can check that will keep you signed in but I can't remember where it is. I know someone will let you respond about that when they read your post. Rest up tonight so you can enjoy your first full day in paradise tomorrow!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s just to the right of the login tab.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Sounds like vacation is off to a great start, Andrea (except for the smell)!! When not in Aruba, we live for trip reports. There is a box you can check that will keep you signed in but I can't remember where it is. I know someone will let you respond about that when they read your post. Rest up tonight so you can enjoy your first full day in paradise tomorrow!
    Last edited by schexc; 01-30-2020 at 04:28 AM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about the smell. Hopefully it will fade away quickly!!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are not gonna sugar coat this. Four times we drove by this week out front on road and it was terrible. Maybe from the stronger winds we have been having. Smells like sulfur.Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost ALWAYS smell that nasty smell when in that area....its like a dirty little secret that many pretend does not exist...kinda strange to be so protective of your spot to not admit there is a serious issue near the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We are not gonna sugar coat this. Four times we drove by this week out front on road and it was terrible. Maybe from the stronger winds we have been having. Smells like sulfur.Sean and Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    It smells a whole lot worse than sulfur. For some reason it is really bad this year.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post