This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamarijn Renovations

Post Thanks / Like

Tamarijn Renovations

I just heard that the buildings at the Tamarijn are being renovated and the balconies are being enclosed. Any info? How many buidings have been completed? Both upstairs and downstairs? Very disturbing.
    hstvns49
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have a Facebook page , you could send them a message?
    https://www.facebook.com/DiviandTamarijnAruba/?__xts__[0]=68.ARBVtStrF4sKUGK5S-9Dxr7NeTV1SBvaB3F1HPMYVzNGz3ytVhyeqo0gLw0ojS3Dpk3x k6wA3JEBhf_z6kTNvTe0HPZT153O7N-ZMMKY_vttRQwbEKqvZgO_SN_F3Qoul6Aw45XGiIVMlp0g2eX3V rKpmZI1YvaiwUxcLcbQcTS2ZpmM1cAUWkbS6M-XSXI7n4kz5Kw3ddAFyTSaYiIcgB0kKaV-GRehRG7PqqyiyvRcksObfF1bjcEEi3nq3kzZJIGCWsU-hlHeHO6frjshDsMzT30kIabM8wKp_92FoaxgYkJur9rfliaukB _0K8vYHLR39OhpJdwJslCeflZ7O3IPI9BjT3ce5MQkfTdEXzL2 MNU_al7DQRmDI_tGtFNq6OoJfatEAe40jyKixYM0JiCJ_3LlsU sAIapZ1sWLVIlExEE&__tn__=k*F&tn-str=k*F. Link to their public FB page

and
    the recently redone Bunker Bar

Tamarijn Renovations-screen-shot-2019-10-19-2-41-55-pm-jpg
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-19-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bunker Bar looks great, seems like it will be open later now that it has lights

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great we love the Bunker bar. For those not staying there, you can buy drink coupons at the main check in area. Very unique place, a beautiful view. We would love to see picture if someone has one to post.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind about pic. Out great host Andrea had one on her link above. It looks cool and a little smaller. I have to say, just seeing it online, we like the old one better. Not so fancy. We will check it out in February and give our review.
    Sean and Susan
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a text that the Bunker Bar has a new glass bottom panel to see the bunker below the bar. That sounds cool. P.S We didn't mean we hate the new look, just thought the funky colors and old boardwalk feel made the place have a real beachy feel.
    Sean and Susan
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Just got a text that the Bunker Bar has a new glass bottom panel to see the bunker below the bar. That sounds cool. P.S We didn't mean we hate the new look, just thought the funky colors and old boardwalk feel made the place have a real beachy feel.
    Sean and Susan
    wow, a glass bottom that sounds pretty cool totally understand the old look of pink and purple it really was pretty. i'm guessing the picture makes it appear smaller but hopefully it is not, wasn't exactly a large place but that also was part of it charm. I can't wait to see it, will take a picture and hopefully be able to post in December. Love the sunsets and remember the GIANT binoculars that everyone took turns with

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got confirmation that there are 2 blocks of rooms closed for renovations.
    and
    The words "not totally enclosed" in answer Re: the balconies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy folks....
    just to let some of you know, there's something of an uprising on one of the facebook pages about the balconies.
    Personally, my Lady and I stay in one of the rooms that is highly likely to be renovated, and it's not really "kosher", so to speak.
    Let's consider the fact that many of us travel to the island for a change in environment. I know I sure as hell do.
    That should be taken as, I like the fresh air, I like the sound of the ocean, I like being able to sit outside at night and look up and see the stars.
    And on and on I could go, but I won't. The idea of sitting in an enclosed (yes, i know there are windows that open, that doesn't matter) greenhouse in the full force sun is just kind of suicidal.... So, many others seem to think the same way from what I've seen and heard.
    Where it will all go, who knows, though I do know (or have been told) that the management at the Tam and Divi listen to customer feedback.
    Possibly if enough people say enough, the management will listen.
    I really can't imagine staying anywhere else ...
    Here's an image of what they're doing to the rooms...

Tamarijn Renovations-1400-reno-jpg
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 8, 2020... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that’s just sad. I wouldn’t want to stay in a room that was enclosed like that.

0 0