This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: taxes that you pay at your Aruba resort

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC-11.90/9.50 and 10.00 per stay for a Superior (studio) unit. They say this is energy/tax and the 10$ is an environmental levy. When we stay at Divi AI everything is included in the original amount quoted- we buy our days there on their big sale. This year we are staying in their new pool rooms for $360 per night.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why that original post is underlined?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Resort fees for resorts that offer things like yoga, water aerobics, and a gym don’t bother me as much as resorts that have nothing. (I still feel robbed, just less robbed). Resort Taxes are always miserable..,

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel that those things that you mentioned are amenities and should not have an additional fee.

I understand and that Aruba is way overspent and needs more $$ coming in but jeesh give us a bit of a break and don’t bury us in resort and airfare taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Resort fees for resorts that offer things like yoga, water aerobics, and a gym don’t bother me as much as resorts that have nothing. (I still feel robbed, just less robbed). Resort Taxes are always miserable..,
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    The Pearl charges a tourist tax of 9.5% and tourist levy tax of $3.00 per night to our tourist tenants.
    Last edited by schexc; 04-23-2019 at 01:20 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good topic. Love reading about resort charges. Helps us make an informed decision when coming back to Aruba.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Our confirmation from Manchebo doesn’t break it out. Instead it just says tax rate is 20.5%.

I prefer to just look at the totals as when I look at the break down I realize how crazy the rates can be.
    Same with Amsterdam Manor. I know it's high at that rate but I just look at the total and try to ignore it. HA!
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I am in the minority here as we did not (nor will on our next trip) stay at one of the resorts, but I checked our Airbnb receipt and all we had listed was the "service fee" that Airbnb charges. It was about $10 a night for our place. I am going to be watching the receipt for our next trip though and see what all it has on it. Maybe the Airbnb host rolls the taxes into the nightly fee? Not real sure how that works with Airbnb, but if I find out, I will pass it along!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They might not even be collecting the taxes. It’s one thing that the government is trying to get a handle on. That and some collecting the taxes and keeping it for one’s own use.

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I know I am in the minority here as we did not (nor will on our next trip) stay at one of the resorts, but I checked our Airbnb receipt and all we had listed was the "service fee" that Airbnb charges. It was about $10 a night for our place. I am going to be watching the receipt for our next trip though and see what all it has on it. Maybe the Airbnb host rolls the taxes into the nightly fee? Not real sure how that works with Airbnb, but if I find out, I will pass it along!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Airbnb and the Aruba Govt signed an M of U which means taxes for the Airbnb rentals that they will pass on to their renters.
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 1