This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: taxes that you pay at your Aruba resort

Post Thanks / Like
    Surf Club 2 bedroom is about 11 bucks a day plus 25 per stay which I guess isn't too bad. But, do you realize we've been paying these additional taxes and fees for almost 6 years now? That's a lot of loot!

Post Thanks / Like
    For house rentals (and I assume condo rentals fall under that category also), there are 2 taxes. The Tourist Tax is 9.5% and the Environmental Levy Tax is $3 per occupied bedroom/per night (i.e. a 3 bedroom house with all bedrooms used is $9 per night).

HomeAway/VRBO has advanced software that allows tax to be easily included as a separate line item(s) on quotations/invoices for vacation rentals. The AirBnB system is not as user friendly for homeowners, with regards to adding separate line items for tax (it is possible-but cumbersome to set up the functionality) so many owners roll the tax cost into the advertised nightly rental rate.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    For house rentals (and I assume condo rentals fall under that category also), there are 2 taxes. The Tourist Tax is 9.5% and the Environmental Levy Tax is $3 per occupied bedroom/per night (i.e. a 3 bedroom house with all bedrooms used is $9 per night).

HomeAway/VRBO has advanced software that allows tax to be easily included as a separate line item(s) on quotations/invoices for vacation rentals. The AirBnB system is not as user friendly for homeowners, with regards to adding separate line items for tax (it is possible-but cumbersome to set up the functionality) so many owners roll the tax cost into the advertised nightly rental rate.
    Hi Chris

An update for you. Recently airbnb had a rep here on the island. They executed an agreement whereby airbnb will collect and remit the taxes to the government here. I am not sure when it starts or any other info. It has been in papers and on FB. Airbnb has done the same in Curacao. If I find out more, I'll let you know.

J
    0 0