This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: La cabana 2/8 -4 nights

Post Thanks / Like

La cabana 2/8 -4 nights

For our upcoming trip we’re splitting our stay between places and have 4 night reserved at La Cabana through hotels.com. We’ve never used hotels.com some I’m a tad skeptical. But we really wanted to try it there.

I posted on the La Cabana FB page that I’d gladly cancel the hotels.com if someone had 4 nights they are trying to rent out. Then I thought I should post here too.

We need 4 nights starting 2/8.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used hotels.com for a stay at Holiday Inn once. The only downside is that you likely get the worse view room, but everything else worked out. If you aren't able to find a rental, I think you are good to go with your reservation.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s the only thing I worry about is the view. I love sitting on the balcony with a drink and staring at the water. Since this trip is all about doing “different” I’ll make the best of what we end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I used hotels.com for a stay at Holiday Inn once. The only downside is that you likely get the worse view room, but everything else worked out. If you aren't able to find a rental, I think you are good to go with your reservation.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've used hotels.com many times, but never in Aruba. Once I've made the booking, I always call the hotel directly to make sure that they have the reservation, and that it is exactly as specified. One was supposed to include breakfast, but the hotel didn't have that listed, so I had to have hotels.com rectify that. One time I requested a good view of the ocean and I got that. It wouldn't hurt to call La Cabana and check.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    those units that LaCabana has on hotels.com are Bluegreen units (inventory from the Bluegreen vacation club)
    Bluegreen does not release the unit # to Lacabana til about 10 days out.

without knowing the unit #, you will not be able to know which kind of view that you will have.

(our garden view units always had excellent partial ocean views)

Feb 8 is your check in date right? Many Saturday check ins are in pool view and partial ocean view units.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve emailed la cabana and made my request. I realize there is no guarantee.

And, yes we’re checking in on Saturday which I think is good. Since we’re already going to be on the island I figured we’ll head over prior to check in time to let them know we are there and maybe be top of the list for a room.

Like I said, we’ll make it work whatever we get. I was more worried about hotels.com, so thanks for putting me at ease.