This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Marriott Surf Club

Post Thanks / Like

Marriott Surf Club

Anything going on with this resort?

I just noticed this morning like 20 units available for exchange on Interval Website and they were 2 bedroom unit. Usually for Aruba exchange I rarely ever see a 2 bedroom unit. The dates were for different months March thru Sep..

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    unknown if something is going on at the resort.........
    don't blink though as those 2 bedrooms will disappear quickly!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Anything going on with this resort?

I just noticed this morning like 20 units available for exchange on Interval Website and they were 2 bedroom unit. Usually for Aruba exchange I rarely ever see a 2 bedroom unit. The dates were for different months March thru Sep..

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so right Andrea. There were 20 2 bedrooms this morning from May thru October and now only 6. That was quick! I booked at La Cabana again. I probably should have waited to see if something came up at Aruba Phoenix as I really liked it there.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a common occurrence on Interval International. When timeshares are first released for trade from Marriott owners to Interval, those units can only be seen by other Marriott owners. Then, after the listings age for ~ one month, Interval releases a batch of the remaining units at the Marriott Surf Club for the general Interval International membership to view. Those units disappear VERY quickly (especially the 2 bedroom units) so it sounds like you were checking the site at the right time to catch the wave of releases. In summary - there is nothing wrong at the Surf Club - you were just viewing at the right time. :-)
    Last edited by SkiChris; 03-09-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    That is a common occurrence on Interval International. When timeshares are first released for trade from Marriott owners to Interval, those units can only be seen by other Marriott owners. Then, after the listings age for ~ one month, Interval releases a batch of the remaining units at the Marriott Surf Club for the general Interval International membership to view. Those units disappear VERY quickly (especially the 2 bedroom units) so it sounds like you were checking the site at the right time to catch the wave of releases. In summary - there is nothing wrong at the Surf Club - you were just viewing at the right time. :-)
    Thanks for explaining. It seems timing is everything with Interval. I rarely see a 2 bedroom for any resort in Aruba so to see 20 units available the other at Marriot a top resort I was surprised. Probably members just paid their maintenance and banked with Interval. I know my resort in Florida will not allow me to bank with Interval until I pay the maintenance which is due Jan 2nd and then I have to call my resort to do it for me.

Today I saw a 2 bedroom at Casa Del Mar for December and still a few 2 bedrooms at Marriot but not 20 like the other day. I guess you have to book very early and have luck.

0 0