This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Surf Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Surf Club Resort

This morning I went into the Interval Exchange website to check out time shares available for Aruba and I saw a bunch of 2 bedroom units available at The Marriot Surf Club and they had availability for the month I was looking for September 2020. My first instincts were to put in an exchange but I hesitated being that I don't know much about the resort. I went to the usual trip advisor and I saw some great comments about the lazy river and some not so good comments about the resort being crowded, palapa reservation system and the 4am Palapa Hoggers etc. I'm used to the low rise area so I'm not sure how well I would adopt to being in a crowded resort. However, my plans are for September travel which is low season.

I appreciate any insight to members that have stayed at the Surf Club.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, we stay at Surf Club for two weeks and have been staying there for the last 12 or more trips. We like that the resort has everything we need. We really enjoy the lazy river and pool area a lot and usually only get a palapa when we have friends travel with us. The palapas can be reserved for a fee and there are also free ones available. We like the atmosphere of the pool bar in the afternoons, lots of fun and games during happy hour. The rooms are spacious, up to date and well appointed. You will want a 1 bedroom villa, not a studio. The 1 bedroom has a full kitchen, living area and a nice bedroom with garden tub and shower. There is one restaurant on site, but Champions and the wonderful places at the Ritz aren't too far of a walk and there is a shuttle between the Marriott properties. Also the Palm Beach restaurants and nightlife are pretty close by. We like the excitement of Palm Beach and enjoy the nightlife. Do keep that in mind. We've thought about staying on Eagle Beach, but I think I would be bored to tears by the second day. Also keep in mind that a lot of the TA posts are by self-entitled folks that think the worst of and constantly bitch about everything.

We own at Surf Cub but still deposit our unit with Interval and request and pay for upgrades (very reasonable). Interval will help you with that if you decide to use them. If you've used Interval for exchanges before you know the deal. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt the resorts available were 2 bedrooms which excited me. I read on trip advisor that the 2 bedroom has a King Bed in 1 bedroom and a Queen in second bedroom. You are right they bitch and were stating it should have 2 beds in the other room. Question, what do they charge of daily energy fee and I also read on TA that there is no maid service but if you want it the cost is $99 a day.

For me being in the high rise for a change, variety interest me, the lazy pool I would definitely use, being close to moombas, dos dos club huis for Happy Hour and being on site where Black Pearl departs from sparks my interest.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Ace, we stay at Surf Club for two weeks and have been staying there for the last 12 or more trips. We like that the resort has everything we need. We really enjoy the lazy river and pool area a lot and usually only get a palapa when we have friends travel with us. The palapas can be reserved for a fee and there are also free ones available. We like the atmosphere of the pool bar in the afternoons, lots of fun and games during happy hour. The rooms are spacious, up to date and well appointed. You will want a 1 bedroom villa, not a studio. The 1 bedroom has a full kitchen, living area and a nice bedroom with garden tub and shower. There is one restaurant on site, but Champions and the wonderful places at the Ritz aren't too far of a walk and there is a shuttle between the Marriott properties. Also the Palm Beach restaurants and nightlife are pretty close by. We like the excitement of Palm Beach and enjoy the nightlife. Do keep that in mind. We've thought about staying on Eagle Beach, but I think I would be bored to tears by the second day. Also keep in mind that a lot of the TA posts are by self-entitled folks that think the worst of and constantly bitch about everything.

We own at Surf Cub but still deposit our unit with Interval and request and pay for upgrades (very reasonable). Interval will help you with that if you decide to use them. If you've used Interval for exchanges before you know the deal. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Walt they also have Marriot Ocean Club Available for exchange. Can you let me know the difference?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, I will be honest here, with your sciatica issues the Surf Club property may be too big for you. It is a longer walk to get to the beach and just on and off the property than most other places on Palm. The good news is that there is plenty of options for food and drinks on site and next door at the Ocean Club and Moomba to the other side, but it's a lot of walking. If you are more of a pool person, it's great. The options are endless, lazy river, adult only pool, swim up pool bar, all fun and relaxing. The palapa thing has never been an issue for us, we had no problem getting a spot, but the view isn't always the best.

In my opinion Surf is a better fit than Ocean, it's more lively and the lazy river is heaven. Plus you are closer to Moomba and Nos Clubhuis.

Have you considered Playa Linda?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the "activities at the Surf"...that lazy river is the BEST.

However Ace.........it is a huge campus and the hallways at the Surf are LONG.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey I appreciate your feedback on how big the property is and my ongoing sciatica issue. I seem to forget that as soon as i get a little better :>) The first time I went on the black pearl, I got off on the wrong bus stop at Marriot Ocean and it was a long walk and even longer when you have back issues. When I stood at Aruba Phoenix I was looking forward to walking on the boardwalk but had sciatica issues when I got there and could barely walk to Bugalu which was a lousy 15 minute walk.

I will pass as La Cabana is better for me because of the back issues. There was so much inventory put today and most 2 bedrooms so I was a little excited to try it out. I heard there is construction going on so maybe thats why there is so much inventory available for exchange.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, Tracey makes a good point. I forgot about you sciatica issues. To answer your questions, maid service is provided once during a one week stay for free. We aren't messy people, make our bed every day, use the dishwasher as needed and pick up after ourselves so we don't need daily maid service. The two bedrooms are nice, but the extra room would probably go unused. A one bedroom has all of the features you would probably need if traveling alone. Daily fees are about $12.00 plus a one time fee of $25.00.
    We have never stayed at Ocean Club, but we've visited there and the rooms are really nice. Depending on room location you could be closer to Nos Clubhuis and Moomba. The beach is much closer, not sure how the palapa rsvps and pool chairs work. There is a nice swim up bar there. Maybe if you're doing better it wouldn't be too bad.

0 1