This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tropicana Info

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    use skype or a voip
    if you just dial from a cell phone or from a land line phone that does not have international service you will not get far.

i stand corrected.
    that gentleman does not currently own hundreds of timeshare units.
    i was told he is now down to under 100.

paul and i have rented from him before.
    (i did not disclose this as i was unsure and had to look it up)
    it was christmas week 2010, at caribbean palm village.
    it was easy peasy. no issues.
    Hundreds of timeshares vs now down to under 100....yep, still works for me. hehe.

Glad to hear you rented from him before and no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    We stayed in a newly renovated one bedroom unit overlooking the waterfall this past January. We had free in room wifi. According to the front desk, the renovated rooms get free wifi.

Yea, this one isn't one of the renovated rooms so no free wifi at this unit.

Well, I ask to book and it says there will be a reply within 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed for me.

I also booked airline there tonight as well.

I'm super excited now and I'm sure will have more questions.

Can you see the ocean at all from these rooms if you are in one high up? If so, what floor would you need to be on? (Remember this is the older room that "faces" the pool)

This pic is from the 4th floor, door side of the first building - those buildings are LaCabana and the beach/ocean is beyond it. Tropicana Info-trop-4-jpg

This one is from the same balcony, down at the end - you can see LaCabana on the left & Amsterdam Manor on the right Tropicana Info-trop-5-jpg
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Since we booked Tropicana (using David), we did an adjustment to reflect staying 1 extra day with no problem and excellent communication with this airbnb vendor.

However, I had a few additional questions (other vendors with different places mentioned having safes in the room and also coolers/chairs for the beach in the room to use) and I messaged him asking if he has this here and no replies since booking.

Is this normal that they don't reply after booking? He has been so quick with responses up until we booked.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Since we booked Tropicana (using David), we did an adjustment to reflect staying 1 extra day with no problem and excellent communication with this airbnb vendor.

However, I had a few additional questions (other vendors with different places mentioned having safes in the room and also coolers/chairs for the beach in the room to use) and I messaged him asking if he has this here and no replies since booking.

Is this normal that they don't reply after booking? He has been so quick with responses up until we booked.
    There is a safe in the unit. Loungers/chairs are on the beach . The beach boy attendant will set them up for you. A tip is customary.

Aruba since 1979
    liz mentioned about the lounges being available for tropicana guests.
    there are also shade huts.
    tipping the guys is very customary as liz says.

if you wander around and go to other beaches, some of the beaches have lounges and shade umbrellas to "rent".

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    There is a safe in the unit. Loungers/chairs are on the beach . The beach boy attendant will set them up for you. A tip is customary.
    Thanks for the info on the safe. Glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    liz mentioned about the lounges being available for tropicana guests.
    there are also shade huts.
    tipping the guys is very customary as liz says.

if you wander around and go to other beaches, some of the beaches have lounges and shade umbrellas to "rent".

As for the loungers...I'm not asking about the loungers we get on the beach. I do know that Tropicana provides loungers for free for guest staying there.

I'm talking about a chair that is portable in your room that you take to beaches and stuff. Several places I read on airbnb mentioned that they provide you with coolers and chairs in the home so that you can take them to the beaches you visit and use them. That's what I was referring to.

Aruba since 1979
    the TROP does not provide beach chairs and or coolers for transport to other beaches.
    the only chairs that they provide are the chairs and lounge chairs at their pools and on eagle beach.

those kind of chairs can be purchased on the island at various stores (hardware store and price smart)

As for the loungers...I'm not asking about the loungers we get on the beach. I do know that Tropicana provides loungers for free for guest staying there.

I'm talking about a chair that is portable in your room that you take to beaches and stuff. Several places I read on airbnb mentioned that they provide you with coolers and chairs in the home so that you can take them to the beaches you visit and use them. That's what I was referring to.

Aruba since 1979
    the TROP does not provide beach chairs and or coolers for transport to other beaches.
    the only chairs that they provide are the chairs and lounge chairs at their pools and on eagle beach.

those kind of chairs can be purchased on the island at various stores (hardware store and price smart)
    see this thread Beach Chairs for Sale