This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What resources do you use to find a Rental?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

What resources do you use to find a Rental?

What resources do you use to find a timeshare or condo or home rental?
    How do you check to make sure it is "legit"?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-26-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    we use VRBO/HomeAway. I read, of course the reviews and when they were placed. Sometimes like on Amazon, you read the reviews and they are all within days of each other, I know they are fake. Then I email the owner and depending how long they take to get back to me, that is a determination. then I call them. If they will not do a phone call, I move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Redweek, Facebook groups specifically for rentals, and the Playa Linda and Costa Linda member rental forums. I prefer sites and groups that allow prices to be posted so I know if it's something in my price range without having to contact someone. If its Marriott, I use their confirmation number and last name to verify the rental and make sure it's not reserved through Interval. It's against the Interval rules to rent a unit and I dont want to risk having the reservation cancelled. Not worth the risk with so many options out there. For others, contacting the resort is quick and easy using contact info in their website. I always google the person and use whitepages.com to verify their address. I prefer people willing to give their phone number, even if I dont call, it's one more piece of information to confirm the person is legit.

I usually mail a check but this year I sent the money using venmo for the first time. I had lots of communication with the owner and felt good about her so I was comfortable sending money that way. My advice, trust your gut, if it seems shady, walk away.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We used to use Interval International for our timeshare exchanges. We are still part of II even though we sold the timeshares, we still have a few years on the membership and have used it to book other timeshare properties.

We use a realtor to rent out our condo and they advertise it on their site and places like VRBO.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Before we purchased we used Home Away and VRBO. We’d often scout out the properties while staying in another. We usually depended on consistent reviews before we rented.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for answers..........interesting!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Before we purchased we used Home Away and VRBO. We’d often scout out the properties while staying in another. We usually depended on consistent reviews before we rented.
    Even though we stay in resorts not private residences, we do the scouting too. We found that most hotels and resorts will show you a room if they have one open. Twice I got burned by not scouting a new place. We were scheduled to stay at a resort for the 2nd part of our trip only to find the location came with a horrible smell during that particular visit. The second time, we didnt realize how outdated a place was and were not happy with the beds or bathroom. So now if we are thinking about a new place, we visit before we commit to a week. We did this before renting at Renaissance and I'm glad we did because that location doesn't meet our expectations. So even though there are great rental prices to be found, do.your homework.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been really successful with Redweek, and most have been an Interval Exchanges. I do check with the resort to verify confirmation, but haven't had any issues. Other destinations, I have used VRBO and that has worked well too. I do check this site/section, but nothing has worked timing wise. Wish I was checking for something soon
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I use mostly Interval and usually don't have any issues with getting an exchange at La Cabana. Lately there have been some great exchanges available and 2 bedrooms. This morning I saw a 2 bedroom available at Playa Linda for August, some 2 bedrooms at Marriot Surf Club as well as the other Marriot.

Not sure I understand what Tracy stated about Interval Not allowing rental. I can exchange my timeshare for one in Aruba or anywhere there is availability, rent it out to someone and all I have to do is pay the Interval Certificate fee in the name of the person that is going to check in or use the exchange. I've done it before for friends where I rented out my timeshare week (which is in kissismee) and I exchanged to somewhere else for them and made sure they had the exchange certificate in their name. Total legit...

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think what Tracey is saying, and I may be wrong, Interval does not let folks secure a unit and then rent it out on their own.
    Ex: you deposit your Kissimmee week to Interval.
    then you find a week for yourself on Interval at LaCabana.
    You confirm that week, have your name put on that reservation... then at a later time decide not to use it and then rent it out.
    Yes, you can change the name on the reservation for a fee BUT you cannot rent it out. (you can gift it)
    Clear as mud?
    0 0