This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What resources do you use to find a Rental?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I think what Tracey is saying, and I may be wrong, Interval does not let folks secure a unit and then rent it out on their own.
    Ex: you deposit your Kissimmee week to Interval.
    then you find a week for yourself on Interval at LaCabana.
    You confirm that week, have your name put on that reservation... then at a later time decide not to use it and then rent it out.
    Yes, you can change the name on the reservation for a fee BUT you cannot rent it out. (you can gift it)
    Clear as mud?
    Yes. That's what I was saying. We were given a guest certificate and paid the person rent and found out later that was against interval rules. It's not a big deal, but Interval can cancel the reservation if they know it's on redweek as a rental. I read of this happening but havent met anyone who experienced it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I think what Tracey is saying, and I may be wrong, Interval does not let folks secure a unit and then rent it out on their own.
    Ex: you deposit your Kissimmee week to Interval.
    then you find a week for yourself on Interval at LaCabana.
    You confirm that week, have your name put on that reservation... then at a later time decide not to use it and then rent it out.
    Yes, you can change the name on the reservation for a fee BUT you cannot rent it out. (you can gift it)
    Clear as mud?
    Ok I get it. I have always rented my week in Kissimmee which I had banked with Interval and so I exchanged for the same time share thru interval, different dates, certificate in my friends name when I exchanged. which I was paid at least the maintenance fee, exchange fee. I don't see why I would gift it. The exchange fee alone is $209.00, certificate is now $69.00 and my maintenance forget it $1,100..

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it has happened here on this site.
    some folks have posted their Interval Certificate week for rent.
    absolutely not allowed by Interval and here.
    I am surprised redweek allowed it or that redweek did not catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Yes. That's what I was saying. We were given a guest certificate and paid the person rent and found out later that was against interval rules. It's not a big deal, but Interval can cancel the reservation if they know it's on redweek as a rental. I read of this happening but havent met anyone who experienced it.