This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oceania

Post Thanks / Like

Oceania

Good morning! I am lookinging for feedback on this set of condos. We had a fabulous stay at Barcelo, however my husband would like to consider a different resort for my granddaughter's graduation trip next July. I love the beach Barcelo is situated on, so when I spotted these condos for rent I was intrigued. Can anyone share what they are like, and how well maintained they are? From what I can gather they are all individually owned so you rent from the owner, not the resort.
    Also, I cannot tell if the resort is directly on the beach, or if yo need to cross the street.

I admit I am a bit worried about that, however I wanted to do as much research as possible on the rental, and my daughter will on the dining costs, so we can present the comparisons to my husband. Personally, I like it all paid in advance, but am open to a change.

TIA! For all of you help. You all were awesome when I needed help for our anniversary trip, and I know I will be relying on you for this one as well!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Forum Member robin will chime in here. They have a lovely condo at Oceania that they rent there. If you look her up in member search you can see the link to their condo.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

ETA: I just peeked at the pics on her link, they are lovely!
    Last edited by nancyg56; 07-29-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes to robin and husband owning a unit at oceania.
    yes to crossing the street to gain access to the beach, but it is a non issue.
    imo the beach area at Oceania eagle beach vs barcelo's palm beach is comparing apple vs oranges.
    the eagle beach is expansive and deep. the palapas are placed further apart than at palm beach.
    it is quieter as there are less waterspouts.

oceania is a lovely property.

robin is on the road on a cross country trip so she may not see your questions or be able to reply right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    Good morning! I am lookinging for feedback on this set of condos. We had a fabulous stay at Barcelo, however my husband would like to consider a different resort for my granddaughter's graduation trip next July. I love the beach Barcelo is situated on, so when I spotted these condos for rent I was intrigued. Can anyone share what they are like, and how well maintained they are? From what I can gather they are all individually owned so you rent from the owner, not the resort.
    Also, I cannot tell if the resort is directly on the beach, or if yo need to cross the street.

I admit I am a bit worried about that, however I wanted to do as much research as possible on the rental, and my daughter will on the dining costs, so we can present the comparisons to my husband. Personally, I like it all paid in advance, but am open to a change.

TIA! For all of you help. You all were awesome when I needed help for our anniversary trip, and I know I will be relying on you for this one as well!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed there twice. We really like the peace and quiet of Oceania. We have stayed there in the summer when there was absolutely no one there. And we have also stayed there over Christmas and New Years. We rented a penthouse unit for the Christmas/New Years stay and it was unbelievable up top to watch all the fireworks going off all over the island.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I do own at Oceania as Andrea and schexe said. Thank-you for your comments. I'll will say that you cannot go wrong renting at Oceania. It is one of the best location on one of the best beaches in the Caribbean. Let me give you some information:

We bought our 4th floor condo about 16 months ago. Oceania is awesome. They have 4 pools-three large and one kiddie sized. Two of the pools have zero entry and a "beach" at the pools(2 of them). There is tennis courts, squash, racketball, two fitness rooms, saunas, a pool table and ping pong(I think), a kids center and business center (not much in either of them) and basketball hoop. The complex is gated and each condo has their own parking space. It is across the street from the beach, but crossing is not difficult. They do an excellent job of maintaining the grounds, pools, and all common areas. They are doing some interesting things to save natural resources, such as, they are beginning to channel the water coming off the air conditioners to fill the water tanks that supply water to the landscaping. They are adding some solar car ports to reduce energy costs to the common areas.

The oldest building on the property is about 11 years old which is the building we own in-Palm. The buildings run from 3 to 5 stories. Most owners from what I have seen do take great care and pride of their units. Most ground floor units have hot tubs. Most top floor units have roof top access and have patios and hot tubs and grills-they do vary in size and what they have chosen to do with their space. Some owners have an outside grill(we don't). Many of the owners have done or are doing some of the same work we are doing. For example, we painted almost all of our unit this past winter, replaced the hot water heater, fixed some of the furniture(in a few years we hope to start replacing it) and added local art work. We are currently working with our property manager to replace our air conditioning with a better, updated, more efficient and quieter system along with working on purchasing a new energy efficient washer and dryer. We have spoken to several of the other owners in our building and they have either replaced their cooling system or are in the process. Most have replaced hot water heaters and some are looking to replace appliances as well. Some are making bigger changes, too, such as upgrading their kitchen or bathrooms.

Oceania is walking distance to some great restaurants, such as Screaming Eagle, Chalet Swiss, Zuzuroh, and more. Since Aruba will be making huge improvements to the walking paths on Irausquin, walking anywhere along Eagle Beach will be easy. Oceania is centrally located and there are a wide variety of condos for rent-from one bedrooms(there are even a few studios) up to 5 or 6 bedrooms. Almost all the condos have an ocean view-the only ones that do not have full ocean views are the few in the Racket Building-on top of the offices. The sunsets are amazing, too. It is quiet and friendly.

Hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by robin; 07-30-2018 at 02:45 AM.

0 6

Post Thanks / Like
    THank you for all that information! Oceania sounds lovely!!!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe you could rent robin's unit of it is available!
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    THank you for all that information! Oceania sounds lovely!!!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been inside Robins unit and I can tell you first hand its very, very nice!!!!! The view is off the charts amazing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maybe you could rent robin's unit of it is available!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I have been inside Robins unit and I can tell you first hand its very, very nice!!!!! The view is off the charts amazing as well.
    Us too. You’re right on.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 4