This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best service to use to rent a condo?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best service to use to rent a condo?

So, I no more get back from Aruba than I am dreaming of returning! I may have enough airline miles by November, and am thinking of doing a condo/apartment this time instead of a resort. How would you recommend I go about booking one? Directly through the condo sites? Through sites like VRBO? Or are there other options? Do you have any condos/apartments near Eagle Beach that you would recommend? (I was noodling on this one - would love to have my own jacuzzi and patio: https://www.bluearuba.com/details.as...pertyID=280943.) I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    VRBO/Homeaway are the same company but may have different listings. We have always used them and never had a problem. I know alot of people do have problems with AirBnB and I think its because the vetting of property is not as strict. We rent from the same guy now for the last 9 years, rent directly since we found him on vrbo. Met him in Aruba a few times as he was there the same time (has 2 properties).

Post Thanks / Like
    https://prestigevacationsaruba.com/p...om-condo-p416/

We rent through Prestige Vacations Aruba, but they post it on VRBO in addition to their own site.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    forum member Robin owns a condo at Oceania
    forum member SCHEXC also owns a condo at Pearl
    you may want to consider contacting them for more info re: their units.

also too.......you may want to consider some of the timeshare resorts
    most have balconies or patios..

re: private hot tub, I am thinking that Divi Links/Golf has units with private hot tubs.

another thing to consider.........
    some of the smaller efficiency apartments.
    many are nice.
    check out sunset beach studios, bananas

if you rent an apartment/condo that is inland a bit, chances are that you will need a car too.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    VRBO/Homeaway are the same company but may have different listings. We have always used them and never had a problem. I know alot of people do have problems with AirBnB and I think its because the vetting of property is not as strict. We rent from the same guy now for the last 9 years, rent directly since we found him on vrbo. Met him in Aruba a few times as he was there the same time (has 2 properties).
    Thank you for that info and for taking the time to respond! I will avoid AirBnB.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    forum member Robin owns a condo at Oceania
    forum member SCHEXC also owns a condo at Pearl
    you may want to consider contacting them for more info re: their units.

also too.......you may want to consider some of the timeshare resorts
    most have balconies or patios..

re: private hot tub, I am thinking that Divi Links/Golf has units with private hot tubs.

another thing to consider.........
    some of the smaller efficiency apartments.
    many are nice.
    check out sunset beach studios, bananas

if you rent an apartment/condo that is inland a bit, chances are that you will need a car too.
    Thanks Andrea! I would definitely consider a timeshare - great advice. I would assume I would just go directly to the time share website to rent one. Any you would recommend? Thanks again!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    https://prestigevacationsaruba.com/p...om-condo-p416/

We rent through Prestige Vacations Aruba, but they post it on VRBO in addition to their own site.

Thank you for this info, Robin! I will definitely check out the site!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you may be looking for a place that is quieter and where you do not have to go out at 4 am to get a palapa.

How about Paradise Beach Villas and LaQuinta and Costa Linda?

Also consider Renaissance Ocean Suites downtown?
    There are 1 bedroom units there and you can rent a timeshare or a regular suite.
    (both have small basic kitchenette...note the word "basic")

Reach out to forum member. Hatteras. She and her husband are there now and can give you ideas of the private island, the lagoon beach etc for the Ocean Suites. It has been a few years since we stayed there.

Also, next to Pinchos restaurant.........there is a small apartment place.
    We stayed there once a few years ago pre timeshare.
    We were upstairs, 2nd floor and it was a 1 bedroom.
    It was priced reasonably.
    It is on the beach.
    There are only a few apartments.
    The name might be Surfside apartments ? I am sorry I cannot be sure on the name.

Quote Originally Posted by ideastowords View Post
    Thanks Andrea! I would definitely consider a timeshare - great advice. I would assume I would just go directly to the time share website to rent one. Any you would recommend? Thanks again!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-18-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.arubasurfsidemarina.com/pages/

surfside marina apartments
    downtown
    near pinchos
    no pool, but ON the beach
    parking
    great location
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We found the place we are staying through AirBnB and had no issues at all. We get our own studio apartment with the pool to ourselves, a gas grill, bar area, unlimited use of beach chairs, snorkel equipment (though we bring our own), the owner picks us up at the airport, helps us arrange for a rental car, gave us all kinds of suggestions for dining and things to do, plus a ton of open and honest communication the whole time before, during and after our stay. The house we chose is not at the beach and we did have to rent a car, but it is a 5 minute drive from the resort area, off a side road from the main road where Local Store is (road names are escaping me at the moment). Having a car gave us plenty of opportunity to explore all parts of the island. I think a lot of it all depends on what kind of experience you are hoping for during your stay. Anyway, we may have found a diamond in the rough with the AirBnB we chose, but I guess my main point is: do not rule AirBnB out completely. We stayed there last year in March and booked it for the same week this year before we even left the airport we liked it so much. This round, we may ask her if we can rent it for longer than a week for next trip.

1 1