This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a house to stay in

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a house to stay in

We love staying in private homes when we come and have been looking on airbnb. I thought I would check here to see if anyone has or knows of a place. We need 2 bedrooms and a private pool.

Anything out there?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We used this company exclusively when we were renting houses for short-term stays and they're now our property managers since we bought:

https://www.arubavillavacationhomes.com/

They have a wide variety of houses and are very diligent and responsive.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy planning your vacation to return to the happy island of Aruba.
    We manage a 3 Bedroom / 3 bath vacation rental property (Bella Ruby) and it has a private pool.
    If you'd like to review, the website is referenced below in the signature line.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in the process of purchasing this home Here is the link to AirBnB, not sure when you plan to go but there are some great deals until the end of Sept.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/49633503?guests=1&adults=4&s=67&unique_share_id=08 a6e036-35dc-4fb2-be0d-5b750e7783fd
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The home is beautiful. Best of luck with your purchase.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the posting side arubaobsessed!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all of the links and suggestions. We are staying 2 weeks and almost everything seems to be booked up during our time frame (meaning some days would be available but not others in a row).

We did manage to find a place on airbnb and booked. It was getting scary trying to find something so quickly because everything we were looking at was dropping off as booking...as we were looking. Yikes!

Can't wait to come back to Aruba again. It's been a couple of years!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We just booked 9 nights in October in Villa Jolie. Our biggest problem was how to choose. There were so many properties to choose from. I must have wasted three days comparing listings before finally deciding. You do have to be careful about the pictures and descriptions. Pictures often make rooms and pools look much larger than they actually are. We did manage to find nearly every property on the map, then you can easily measure the size of the pool. Someone should tell them that 10'x20' is not a "large" pool.

We also found it interesting that some properties were on different sites with widely different prices. One we considered as $250 a night on AirBNB and $625 a night on Vrbo. Not sure how that works.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cbowen View Post
    We just booked 9 nights in October in Villa Jolie. Our biggest problem was how to choose. There were so many properties to choose from. I must have wasted three days comparing listings before finally deciding. You do have to be careful about the pictures and descriptions. Pictures often make rooms and pools look much larger than they actually are. We did manage to find nearly every property on the map, then you can easily measure the size of the pool. Someone should tell them that 10'x20' is not a "large" pool.

We also found it interesting that some properties were on different sites with widely different prices. One we considered as $250 a night on AirBNB and $625 a night on Vrbo. Not sure how that works.

Yea, I agree with you...I will find the same listing on airbnb and vrbo and the prices are totally different. I have also found that they can sometimes be found on Trip Advisor as well and they end up being even cheaper because they don't have the service fee mark up as they do with airbnb or vrbo so I've booked that way at times too. You just have to do your research.

Yea, I always look at google earth and find the property and the area before booking, read all the reviews, and ask a lot of questions before picking a place. But, we are lucky to know the area we picked this house in because we have stayed there before.

I took a look at your house you said you booked and I believe we are on the exact same street. It looks like yours might be in the circle part? Ours is actually on that round street. I only knew it was a good area because we've stayed on Safir before on down a bit so know the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    A little thing that may save people some money. If you are on AirBNB, VRBO, Homeaway etc. and see a house or condo you are interested in, check to see who is managing it. If it is not listed by the owner, but rather a management company, go directly to their own site to check out the price. It will usually be less expensive to book direct than through the third party sites.

0 2