This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a house to stay in

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kim. I'm glad that you are going back to Aruba. I'm looking forward to reading your trip report, or should I say novel? I read your reports about your trips to St. Thomas and Cozumel. Any cruises in your future plans? None for us right now. Hubby is not ready to get back on a ship. Enjoy!! Dianne

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great tip, Robin!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    A little thing that may save people some money. If you are on AirBNB, VRBO, Homeaway etc. and see a house or condo you are interested in, check to see who is managing it. If it is not listed by the owner, but rather a management company, go directly to their own site to check out the price. It will usually be less expensive to book direct than through the third party sites.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info! I want to say places like Expedia charge the owner 30% or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    A little thing that may save people some money. If you are on AirBNB, VRBO, Homeaway etc. and see a house or condo you are interested in, check to see who is managing it. If it is not listed by the owner, but rather a management company, go directly to their own site to check out the price. It will usually be less expensive to book direct than through the third party sites.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My preference is to use a local agency as opposed to AirBNB. As was mentioned, in many cases you'll find the property is available from a local agency. We've not found them to be significantly less expensive, but at least the money is going to an Aruba company rather than having a big chunk off the top going to AirBNB or some other gigantic corporation. We used Aruba Happy Rentals on our last trip. We've booked Casa de Aruba with Bon Cas for the first two weeks of March next year. Found both listings on AirBNB, but ended up booking direct instead.
    0 0