This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Alaska

Post Thanks / Like

Alaska

I'm excited about a cruise I'm going to in 3 weeks on Norwegian Bliss out of Seattle to inside Alaska Passage. I've bee on 2 dozens cruises over the years all over the carribean so this one is completely different. I'm flying to Seattle Sep 20th and spending 2 nights in downtown Seattle, will meet up with my oldest brother and his spouse ( They are not going on cruise :<( and then I take off for Alaska for 7 nights. I only booked 1 excursion in Skagway on a mini bus exploring White Pass/Yukon its a 6 hour excursion. The ship arrives at 2:30pm at Juneau so I wasn't up to doing a 4 hour excursion so late. I guess I will walk the town and same in Ketchikan.

Can't wait!!!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your cruise, Ace. Tell us all about it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We just came back from almost a month in Alaska. We were on Princess out of Vancouver and stopped in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. In Ketchikan we did Misty Fjords cruise. We were supposed to do the seaplane but it was cancelled due to crashes earlier in the year. In Juneau we did an amazing tour-helicopter ride on to the Mendenhall Glacier and did dog sledding on the Glacier. In Skagway we did a rafting trip(we sat, the guide rowed) along a braided river where we saw tons of eagles. Skagway is very small, but we were short on time because our tour went out late, so we did not get much time to look around. Juneau-Twisted Fish Company was a great place for lunch-right near the dock. We had dinner at In Bocca al Lupo which is tucked away and mostly had locals in it. We bought a beautiful vase in the House of Russia and had it shipped home. In Ketchikan, we ordered salmon to be shipped home. We at at Annabelle's which was great. Take a walk over to the historic area-very cute area. There was so much we wanted to do, but just did not have the time. We had two friends who were on different ships the week before we went and we all did different things. ENJOY! Alaska is beautiful! I did do a trip report in off topic if that helps.
    Last edited by robin; 08-29-2019 at 01:14 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You may be there late enough in the season to see the Northern Lights. When we were there, it never got dark enough at night to see them.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edgar that sounds awesome!
    make sure your bring WARM clothes.

I hope that you post a trip report in the OFF TOPIC area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We just came back from almost a month in Alaska. We were on Princess out of Vancouver and stopped in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. In Ketchikan we did Misty Fjords cruise. We were supposed to do the seaplane but it was cancelled due to crashes earlier in the year. In Juneau we did an amazing tour-helicopter ride on to the Mendenhall Glacier and did dog sledding on the Glacier. In Skagway we did a rafting trip(we sat, the guide rowed) along a braided river where we saw tons of eagles. Skagway is very small, but we were short on time because our tour went out late, so we did not get much time to look around. Juneau-Twisted Fish Company was a great place for lunch-right near the dock. We had dinner at In Bocca al Lupo which is tucked away and mostly had locals in it. We bought a beautiful vase in the House of Russia and had it shipped home. In Ketchikan, we ordered salmon to be shipped home. We at at Annabelle's which was great. Take a walk over to the historic area-very cute area. There was so much we wanted to do, but just did not have the time. We had two friends who were on different ships the week before we went and we all did different things. ENJOY! Alaska is beautiful! I did do a trip report in off topic if that helps.
    Wow very nice! Did you do a land and sea cruise in that 1 month. I will check out your review. I rarely post or review the off topic. Thx

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Wow very nice! Did you do a land and sea cruise in that 1 month. I will check out your review. I rarely post or review the off topic. Thx
    1 day travel, 2 days in Vancouver/Victoria, 7 day cruise, 8 day Princess land tour, 8 days on our own, 1 day Seattle, 1 day travel

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, we have taken this cruise two times, once on Norwegian and once on Royal Carribbean. We absolutely loved it. The first one we did a lot of excursions. We did the White Pass train, a nature hike which was so beautiful, We took the helicopter ride and landed on the glacier. So beautiful. I do not even like to fly but this was so special. We saw the totem poles and did a salmon bake which was provided by the locals. It was delicious. We panned for gold. Saw the lumber jack show. This has been awhile but that is what I remember. All the little towns you will visit are so interesting. I know you will have a wonderful time. I think this is one of the most beautiful places we have visited.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    An Alaska cruise is on our bucket list...someday.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 1

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    A suggestion. Bring the absolute best binoculars you own, beg borrow or steal. The views from the ship are amazing.
    1 1