This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alaska Cruise

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I remember you posting about that stay at Divi Phoenix. Try the tennis ball. Place it right where it seems to hurt the most, back against the wall and kinda roll it around on that spot using your body. After a few days doing that, my pain went away and hasn't returned since. It's been over 10 years.
    I will try it. Thx.

0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, I'm so sorry that you were in so much pain during your cruise. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Hopefully, you were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery from the ship. I hope that you get your PT straightened out, and that you get some relief soon. That's got to be miserable.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Ace, I'm so sorry that you were in so much pain during your cruise. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Hopefully, you were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery from the ship. I hope that you get your PT straightened out, and that you get some relief soon. That's got to be miserable.
    Thanks! Trying to remain positive. 1 week prior to leaving on vacation I saw a pain doc who said it might be a herniated disc or arthritis of the hip but won't know until some test. So she prescribed some meds and overtime I called the pharmacist the recording kept saying it was pending. After 5 days I asked to speak to a live person. Turns out insurance required a preauthorization for the medication or was willing to approve a higher dose but not the low one. Long story short, I called doc and she said she never received anything from pharmacy. I made the pharmacy call doc and it got straighten out. Now I come back from vacation ready to start PT. The PT place told me the doc script for PT was not good. I said why not? Because effective 10/1 my insurance requires a preauthorization for PT. I called doc. They tell me the script is good for 1 month and it was dated 9/13. i told them yes I know but effective 10/1 the script is no longer accepted so a preauthorization is required. Grrr. All this back and forth while in pain but trying to stay positive..

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hope this gets easier for you Ace!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Thanks! Trying to remain positive. 1 week prior to leaving on vacation I saw a pain doc who said it might be a herniated disc or arthritis of the hip but won't know until some test. So she prescribed some meds and overtime I called the pharmacist the recording kept saying it was pending. After 5 days I asked to speak to a live person. Turns out insurance required a preauthorization for the medication or was willing to approve a higher dose but not the low one. Long story short, I called doc and she said she never received anything from pharmacy. I made the pharmacy call doc and it got straighten out. Now I come back from vacation ready to start PT. The PT place told me the doc script for PT was not good. I said why not? Because effective 10/1 my insurance requires a preauthorization for PT. I called doc. They tell me the script is good for 1 month and it was dated 9/13. i told them yes I know but effective 10/1 the script is no longer accepted so a preauthorization is required. Grrr. All this back and forth while in pain but trying to stay positive..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hope this gets easier for you Ace!!!
    Thanks Andrea. I feel asleep for 2 hours this evening in the sofa living room watching tv with Ms Daisy. It was the best sleep Ive had without pain for weeks! I guess the sofa is soft enough for my back.

0 1