This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use CVS for the vaccine?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use CVS for the vaccine?

Hello all, looks like I am now eligible for the vaccine at CVS. They have zero appointments available. Anyone use them yet? If so how often and when did they add more appointments? As of 3/11 I will be eligible in all the spots that offer it in MA- getting closer!!!!

For those that live in MA how long did it take you take make an appointment? Did you have to wait for more spaces to be added and how often did you check? Want to be prepared for when there is an opening.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I moved this to Off Topic

Congrats on the qualifying!!

CVS has been vaccination here in our county in FLA for 2 weeks.
    They are using the Moderna vaccine and they are scheduling 1 person every 15 minutes.
    (Your CVS may have Pfizer or JnJ)
    It is just like going in for a flu shot.
    They do ask for insurance information, but the vaccine is FREE, but the insurance is billed for the syringe and other equip/supplies.
    Those without insurance qualify and are not hassled.
    There are NO copayments.

The CVS here in our county are doing a good job.

Keep checking their site a few times daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Hello all, looks like I am now eligible for the vaccine at CVS. They have zero appointments available. Anyone use them yet? If so how often and when did they add more appointments? As of 3/11 I will be eligible in all the spots that offer it in MA- getting closer!!!!

For those that live in MA how long did it take you take make an appointment? Did you have to wait for more spaces to be added and how often did you check? Want to be prepared for when there is an opening.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got an appointment for my boyfriend yesterday. I just happened to check the CVS website when I arrived at work - 7:15 am. There was some appointments! I thought sure I'd get to the next screen and there would be nothing left, but there were a few times available. At each page I was waiting to get thrown off but I got him his first shot next Monday and the second March 30th. They apparently drop appointments left over early in the morning. They will probably have a lot Thursday when our supply from the government shows up. They do show teachers and staff available for the shot on their website already. I'll be trying constantly so I'll post if I get something. Persistence pays off! I'm hoping by the time we go to Aruba in May our vaccine will be enough...fingers crossed!! Good luck!!
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post

Hi Jay, I’m using CVS for my shots. Had the first one on Monday and I received the Moderna Vaccine.

I first tried the Mass Gov site which is an absolute nightmare. Those appointments are loaded on Thursdays. Two Thursdays in a row I spent multiple hours trying to get an appointment. I would see 300 appointments at Gillette; select a date and get thrown into the wait room. The wait room started at 35 minute wait and instead of going down it would go up. Actually jumped from 35 minutes to 3300 minutes!!! When I did get in to get an appointment it would let me fill in my info and then I would get an application error.

After giving up on the mass gov site, I went to CVS checking periodically and managed to get an appointment for 3 days later. Unlike the mass gov site that loads it’s appointments only on Thursdays, the CVS updates them more often.

My best advice is to check CVS daily. If you try the mass gov site, have more than one browser open so if you get thrown in the wait room you have another option. The site created by a woman in Springfield is helpful. It’s set up to check the mass sites and shows you available appointments. That site is macovidvaccines.com.

Also, if you are on Twitter, follow @vaccinetime. It’s a bot created by a software developer. When there are available appointments it sends out a tweet

Good Luck!!

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Also even though Governor Baker says educators are eligible March 11th, try CVS now. CVS is showing educators as eligible. Since their supply comes directly from the Feds you may be able to get an appointment sooner.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much. Great to know about the Thursday info as well. I will do my best to find one- the hunt is on.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea if they post them in the morning or at midnight on Thursdays? I may stay up tonight- we shall see. This forum provides such great info on a number of subjects...including the vaccine process.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    I just got an appointment for my boyfriend yesterday. I just happened to check the CVS website when I arrived at work - 7:15 am. There was some appointments! I thought sure I'd get to the next screen and there would be nothing left, but there were a few times available. At each page I was waiting to get thrown off but I got him his first shot next Monday and the second March 30th. They apparently drop appointments left over early in the morning. They will probably have a lot Thursday when our supply from the government shows up. They do show teachers and staff available for the shot on their website already. I'll be trying constantly so I'll post if I get something. Persistence pays off! I'm hoping by the time we go to Aruba in May our vaccine will be enough...fingers crossed!! Good luck!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mass Gov site in the past couple of weeks has uploaded appointments between 8:00 am and 10:30 am. Last Thursday all slots were filled by 9:30 am. I’m also hearing that there will be designated days for educators at some of the mass sites. Details still to be worked out.

At CVS I scheduled my appointment last Thursday at 1:30. Later that evening I got a text from CVS saying they would be releasing hundreds of appointments over the next few days so I don’t believe they have a designated time. It may also be worthwhile to try Walgreens. At Walgreens you need to open an account to schedule but you can do it online and it only takes a minute.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in CT, and I heard an interesting tip last night on the news. A woman called a Walgreens late in the day. There were leftover vaccines for that day, so she was able to get hers. For those anxious to get a shot and are having trouble making an appointment, this may be another option. My age group opened up on Monday, and I have an appointment for the first does on May 18. I'm trying to see if I can get in earlier elsewhere.
    Darlene
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I know someone who works to get appointments for other people in our area. She has posted about other places but not CVS. I'll ask her, but meanwhile, here is an article I found. It said that CVS seems to open up appointments around 6 am.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tech-ti...re-11614594600

I cannot log on to CVS or Rite Aid from Aruba. I have been working my way through the sites of other places the vaccine is offered at home-county by county-3 done, 4 to go. It is very frustrating how it is being handled in NJ.