This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Aruban Measles

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Aruban Measles

    My BBQ has developed an attack of the Aruban Measles. It's so hard here to deal with the salt air and winds.Aruban Measles-img_0913-jpg
    0 2 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it contagious?


    0 0 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you cover it with a grill cover when not in use?
    we are unable to use a grill cover because snakes get underneath.
    when paul wants to use the grill, he has to beat the cover /grill with a broom and then uncover it.
    the snakes (black racers) scatter/slither away and we stand there freaked out.

    so we now keep it uncovered and store the grill in the garage and only bring it out when he is grilling/bbqing.

    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    My BBQ has developed an attack of the Aruban Measles. It's so hard here to deal with the salt air and winds.Aruban Measles-img_0913-jpg

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    do you cover it with a grill cover when not in use?
    we are unable to use a grill cover because snakes get underneath.
    when paul wants to use the grill, he has to beat the cover /grill with a broom and then uncover it.
    the snakes (black racers) scatter/slither away and we stand there freaked out.

    so we now keep it uncovered and store the grill in the garage and only bring it out when he is grilling/bbqing.
    used to use a cover. With the humidity it seemed to be worse. Charbroiled have a high temperature black enamel. May try that or some Rustoleum
    0 0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted a grill for our balcony, hubby didn't and he won that one. I guess it is a good thing.

  6. #6
    Senior Member __steve__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    1556.26 miles from Aruba
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks alot more like the Curaçao chicken pox, just sayin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    when paul wants to use the grill, he has to beat the cover /grill with a broom and then uncover it.
    the snakes (black racers) scatter/slither away and we stand there freaked out.
    .
    those blck racers are up north in SC too, and very bold little critters too. I’ve seen them get upright like a cobra and charge me.


    0 0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member GETA62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    used to use a cover. With the humidity it seemed to be worse. Charbroiled have a high temperature black enamel. May try that or some Rustoleum
    Used to have Charbroiled and kept covering. It lasted only one year
    Decided to replace with hand made using cinder blocks and grates from old grill.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,127
    Post Thanks / Like
    really incredible how destructive that beautiful weather can be!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sue M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Andrea J.;329812]do you cover it with a grill cover when not in use?
    we are unable to use a grill cover because snakes get underneath.
    when paul wants to use the grill, he has to beat the cover /grill with a broom and then uncover it.
    the snakes (black racers) scatter/slither away and we stand there freaked out.

    so we now keep it uncovered and store the grill in the garage and only bring it out when he is grilling/bbqing.[/QUOTE. OMG. Snakes really scare me to death. Last summer while in Fla. a small black snake jumped in our pool. I got out of there very quickly.
    0 1 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •