This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back Pain

Post Thanks / Like

Back Pain

I've been dealing with lower back pain and sciatica for 10 weeks now. This is the longest episodes Ive been thru. Usually 2 to 3 weeks and I'm done. The extreme sciatica pain I endured when I went on my cruise to Alaska is gone thank god. I'm left with lower back pain and I still get pain in my BUM and side of thigh. Thursday I could not walk and was using Ms Daisy's walker in the apartment. Every step cause muscle spasm and felt like bone rubbing on bone on left side of hip. Friday was a little better and I went to see pain doc using a cane. She ordered an Xray of left hip and an MRI of the spine in 3d. Hopefully I will find out what is going on and get treatment and god willing make my December trip...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    How frustrating!! There’s not much worse than back pain as it limits you so. You’re definitely doing the right thing by having it checked out. I hope you get some relief soon!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ace I agree with peg and hope that the MRI shows something that the doctor can focus on and get you back into shape!!

here's hoping for much pain relief for you!!

be well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    How frustrating!! There’s not much worse than back pain as it limits you so. You’re definitely doing the right thing by having it checked out. I hope you get some relief soon!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope nothing serious and doctor's will help you heal. I had sciatia for one day last week, lifted sometihng heavy at work and twisted my body that is all it took. That is pretty painful could hardly walk and even had hard time with gas pedal in car. wishing you the best Ace, you have to make your December trip, after all Aruba is the best medicine of all!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Speedy Recovery Ace !

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried going to a chiropractor?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to a special forum member!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully the Dr. finds something that can be fixed and bring you the much needed relief. Good luck!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve had two nerve blocks and two back surgeries at L3-L4. Those of us that have experienced this type of trauma are in the club. It is not a fun place to be. I hope you are successful at relieving your pain. The surgeons could no longer do anything for me and I was referred to a pain clinic sixteen years ago. Through my perseverance I have now managed to stay drug free the last two years and still continue to be a gym rat and live a healthy lifestyle. The wife says I’ll live to be a hundred and she is the boss I wish you well my friend.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow is the day for the MRI and Xray. I did some X-rays 5 years ago and I picked up those tests results for my new doctor so she could have something to compare from new tests. The X-ray 5 year ago detected minimal disc space narrowing at L4-L5 and L5-S1. They also detected tiny bone spurs throughout spine. I did 11 sessions of Physical Therapy which helped a lot but i had to stop because I discovered they were out of net work and my insurance got me the discount but were not paying since I had not met my 3K deductible. Had I gone to a network PT I would not had to pay since i met the $1,500 deductible early in the year. I'm still eligible for 19 more PT sessions which I will probably do after test results with an in-network facility. I will also consider Chiropractor.

Most of the sciatica pain went away but I didn't return to my normal walking. I started having pain when I walk in an area the PT said is called the TFL Tension Facia Latae. He said that is a very tiny muscle near were the pocket of you pants are. He said probably the glute muscle which tighten up are not doing their job so most of the weight is going towards TFL which cause me to jerk and buckle when I walk. Then the pain was causing the front of my thighs to buckle and it felt like bone rubbing against bone. Really strange!

Well tomorrow is the day and I hope they can get the right diagnose so that the right treatment is applied. Thanks all for the good wishes and support!

2 0