This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back Pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    glad that seminar was informative!!

that water aerobics class may not be ideal Ace!
    there is LOTS of pounding and jumping which is NOT GOOD for folks with back issues.

also too, if you are going to do any water walking..........get some decent water shoes.
    not the slipper-type, but the sneaker type.
    Paul has a pair of Columbia water shoes that he loves.
    they look like sneakers with lots of drainage so that they do not hold the water.
    https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/columbi...2/?color=48897
    I will then pass on the water aerobics. I didn't know it involved jumping. Thanks for the link on the water shoes.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday I started Physical Therapy at new place. They first had a PT Doctor exam me asking a lot of questions of my history with back issues and I told them about tests results. I explained to him that the sciatica pain was all gone, no real back pain issues except hip pain which was making it difficult for me to walk and that the X-ray reveal arthritis. He did a test moving my left and right leg in different angles to expand the hips. He noted that on the left side he could only move it up to an 85 degree angle and the max is 145 degrees like my right side. He felt that if I have bone on bone rubbing on my hips it could be a continuous problem for me but hopefully with therapy, stretching they can make those surrounding muscles much stronger where I can gain back some of the range of motion on the left side and hopefully deal with less pain and be able to walk more but it will take time. I will be going 3 times a week and in between PT they will be giving me exercises/stretches to do at home every day.

I intend to do 15 sessions of PT until the end of the year so we will see how it goes.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a plan. Hope you're better in no time.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sure the PT will be worth the effort. Feel better soon!!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you will be good in no time at all!!
    stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Monday I started Physical Therapy at new place. They first had a PT Doctor exam me asking a lot of questions of my history with back issues and I told them about tests results. I explained to him that the sciatica pain was all gone, no real back pain issues except hip pain which was making it difficult for me to walk and that the X-ray reveal arthritis. He did a test moving my left and right leg in different angles to expand the hips. He noted that on the left side he could only move it up to an 85 degree angle and the max is 145 degrees like my right side. He felt that if I have bone on bone rubbing on my hips it could be a continuous problem for me but hopefully with therapy, stretching they can make those surrounding muscles much stronger where I can gain back some of the range of motion on the left side and hopefully deal with less pain and be able to walk more but it will take time. I will be going 3 times a week and in between PT they will be giving me exercises/stretches to do at home every day.

I intend to do 15 sessions of PT until the end of the year so we will see how it goes.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Ace! I really hope PT brings the relief you need.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I start PT for my right shoulder tomorrow-hopefully just tendonitis as the orthopedist thinks. PT has always been so beneficial for me in the past. If you do what they say, it will help. It'll take time, but stick it out.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great news, Ace. PT can be grueling but if you stick with it if should really help. You know we're all cheering you on and here for moral support (or you just want to b***h and moan about it! LOL!) Hang tough!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank all I am feeling really positive. Robin I did therapy for my left shoulder in 2017. I have 3 small tears on my rotor cuff and it was very painful and could not sleep at night. After 30 PT sessions, I have not felt pain since and avoided surgery so I am a big believer in PT. If I do try to lift something heavy I do feel the pain so I avoid that.

0 1