This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Old

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Being Old

Walt.....I did not know wheels had been invented then.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I used to skate a lot when I was a kid, yes we had skateboards way back then. I looked at the pictures and it doesn't look like a skateboard ramp to me. Of course I'm not standing there looking at it. When I was younger we would skate anywhere there was smooth concrete, parking garages, culverts, drainage ditches. If they are indeed building ramps, they need to go to you tube and watch how to build a real ramp, they also have a ton of cleanup to do to get a proper riding surface. I would wait to see what the finished project looks like before sounding too many alarms.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back in MY day, we only played with marbles!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Walt.....I did not know wheels had been invented then.
    Robin, I also doubt that will be for skating. Probably a continuation of that drain thing. Maybe the workers were just goofing around. I hope!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are hilarious... yeah, skateboarding was a big thing here. We all made our boards in wood shop in high school.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Andrea and I are entitled since we both beat you to that magic year by a few months! But look at it this way: I'll always be younger than Andrea, and you'll always be younger than both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    You guys are hilarious... yeah, skateboarding was a big thing here. We all made our boards in wood shop in high school.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Well, Andrea and I are entitled since we both beat you to that magic year by a few months! But look at it this way: I'll always be younger than Andrea, and you'll always be younger than both of us!
    I know my hubby says I am the "old lady" because I am 3 1/2 months older than him, but I am the younger than the three of you.

So, tell me what it was like when the wheel was invented?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I know my hubby says I am the "old lady" because I am 3 1/2 months older than him, but I am the younger than the three of you.

So, tell me what it was like when the wheel was invented?
    I think the written word was also being developed around that same time I do remember when the radial tire was becoming mainstream. I went to the Chicago museum of science and industry with my dad and saw a demonstration by Goodyear where they put a steel belted radial in a guillotine and dropped the blade. The blade bounced off the tire. I think my dad had a set on his Impala SS within a week. I was 8 or 9 at the time.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I moved these "age posts" from Robin's Aruba Story into its own thread.

Many years ago, in church at his first holy communion practice, our son asked Paul and I...........how old were you when Jesus died?
    I answered 18.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    lol. Stu told a friend that his mom walked the earth with Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I moved these "age posts" from Robin's Aruba Story into its own thread.

Many years ago, in church at his first holy communion practice, our son asked Paul and I...........how old were you when Jesus died?
    I answered 18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Back in MY day, we only played with marbles!

Robin, I also doubt that will be for skating. Probably a continuation of that drain thing. Maybe the workers were just goofing around. I hope!

I started to post that I still had all my marbles from when I was a child but then realized that there would be some people who would argue that!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Age is a stage of mind. I tell hubby that I am mentally younger than he is, however; he is more immature. There is a difference.