This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boost or Not

Post Thanks / Like
    We’re in Massachusetts. CVS is set up for appointments for those who are immunocompromised.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hubby is immunocompromised. Penn Transplant sent out emails directing transplant patients to check their messages on the patient portal on Friday and recommended the 3rd shot after reviewing the CDC info. He received his third shot, aka, booster this afternoon at our local pharmacy which had Pfizer which is what we both received in March at a mass vaccination center. I look forward to being able to get a booster. I am so glad he got his today. He had no reaction after his second shot and I am concerned that he isn't well protected.
    Last edited by robin; 08-18-2021 at 12:50 AM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam and I will get it when eligible. Andrea, that's a great idea about getting into Sam's Club system. We will probably do that too.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gina and I will get the booster as soon as it is available to us.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Hubby is immunocompromised. Penn Transplant sent out emails directing transplant patients to check their messages on the patient portal on Friday and recommended the 3rd shot after reviewing the CDC info. He received his third shot, aka, booster this afternoon at our local pharmacy which had Pfizer which is what we both received in March at a mass vaccination center. I look forward to being able to get a booster. I am so glad he got his today. He had no reaction after his second shot and I am concerned that he isn't well protected.
    I was wondering, did Stu bring his original vaccination card with him? Did they just add it so it’s all on one card? I also wondered how protected you are if you had no reaction to the 2nd dose. My husband and I are ready ( after Nov. 2nd ) for our boosters.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder about that too.
    Both my husband and I had reactions (expected) to the 2nd dose of Moderna.
    He had a fever and chills.
    I had a headache and felt like I had been hit by a truck.
    We were lucky that the reactions last just a short while.

Friend of ours told us that having the reaction is a good thing as it means the vaccine was working.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    I was wondering, did Stu bring his original vaccination card with him? Did they just add it so it’s all on one card? I also wondered how protected you are if you had no reaction to the 2nd dose. My husband and I are ready ( after Nov. 2nd ) for our boosters.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that reactions to the shots indicate that the vaccine is working. I have also heard it reported that it doesn’t mean the vaccine isn’t working if you don’t get a reaction so who really knows?

As for bringing your vaccination card to your booster appointment; when I made Tom’s appointment with CVS they indicated he should bring his card.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I have heard that reactions to the shots indicate that the vaccine is working. I have also heard it reported that it doesn’t mean the vaccine isn’t working if you don’t get a reaction so who really knows?

As for bringing your vaccination card to your booster appointment; when I made Tom’s appointment with CVS they indicated he should bring his card.
    Thanks Peg. I keep our original cards with our passports ( like we’re going anywhere ) for safekeeping. My husband laminated a copy so I carry that in my wallet. Glad that Tom was able to schedule a booster so easily. What a difference a few months makes when it was almost impossible to schedule a first dose!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Yes, he did bring his card with him. I don't know a lot about how protected you are based on reactions. I was told by the nurses when we had our shots that the younger people can have a stronger response to the shot(side effects) because their immune system is stronger. Hubby was tired last night, so maybe it is more effective. I want to see how he is feeling tonight.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I did it!!
    Got my booster today. Only pending side effects that same as the 2nd vaccine .
    I can deal with that vs Covid (say a prayer every day and at night for safety)
    My MD highly recommended it for me as well
    Lou and Robert will get theirs next Saturday
    0 1